PathAway Text Delimited Track, Route, and Point Database Format
- Comma separated Text format.
- All location data is stored in WGS84 Datum. In earlier versions, user may have used a different datum and kept a consistency of datum across maps and data. (ie. calibrate and capture GPS position in desired format)
Database Record Structure:
- Records are Comma Delimited text as follows:
Latitude, Longitude, Elevation, Time, Name,
or Latitude, Longitude, Elevation, Time, Name, Icon,Note, Extended Format ID, Sound File, Picture File, Execute File
- Stored in decimal degrees (hdd.ddddd) or degrees and decimal minutes (hdd mm.mmmm).
- d=degrees, m=minutes
- Positive latitudes are Northern hemisphere, positive longitudes are Eastern hemisphere.
- Stores only in WGS 84 datum format. Datum is not specified in earlier versions.
- Numerical Stored in feet (fractions). ie. 843.74
- Time format is hhmmss.ss<space>yyyymmdd.
The date may be missing in older databases.
Time field may be omitted. Esp. for waypoint files.
083029.34 20030629 equals 8:30 am and 29.34 seconds, on June 29, 2003
- Can be up to 32 characters.
- Any Ascii value except comma is allowed.
Number of built in icon, or [iconDBname:icon]. iconDBname is the icon database name (without the .prc extension). icon is the name of the icon. Example icon:gas means the icon.prc file, gas icon.
Fixed Icon Symbols:
0=Default Point symbol.
4=Small Black circle
- Can be up to 15000 characters.
- Any Ascii value except comma is allowed, unless contained inside double quotes.
- For PathAway 4 and higher, the Note may also contain XML tags which represent the sound and picture attachments to the point record. The xml is appended to the end of the description and prefixed with "?xml?".
Extended Format ID:
- Version ID of extended delimited format
Sound File attachment:
- Filename of Sound file
Picture File attachment:
- Filename of Picture file
Executable File attachment:
- Filename of executable program to run or html file reference