PathAway GPS 5 Professional Edition
for Windows Mobile
Version 5.30.23 - Sep 6 2012
- UPDATED: WebMaps - Google Maps, and OpenCycleMaps
Version 5.30.20 - Aug 9 2011
- FIXED: WebMaps - Clear Cache
- FIXED: WebMaps - Tiles scrambled on occasion. Fix requires "Clear Cache"
- FIXED: Installer. Auto Import files now removed properly after first startup
Version 5.30.19 - Apr 20 2011
- FIXED: Add folder that included "Protected Maps" corrupted registration key.
Version 5.30.18 - Mar 2 2011
- FIXED: Map tiles not showing up on right side of maps greater than 30,000 pixels.
- Minor fixes
Version 5.30.11 - Sep 14 2010
- FIXED: "Windows Mobile GPS" protocol GPS Connectivity WM 6.5 devices like HTC HD2.
Version 5.30.09 - Aug 16 2010
- Added: KMZ import/export
- Added: X-Traverse Topo Map support to WebMaps (Account required)
- Added: Enhanced support for Google Earth. Draw lines on Google Earth and export to PathAway as a track
- KML Export. Tracks and Routes name put under <Placemark> as well as <Folder> for some importers that don't recognize <Folder>
- This version will not load older preferences due to some of the structural changes.
Version 5.21.06 - Mar 12 2010
- Added: Improved Google Earth KML Import/Export.
Now PathAway Icon databases are online, so proper Icons can now be viewed in Google Earth. The Icon Mapping table is also editable in the file in \My Documents\PathAway\PWIconTable.csv
- Added: Support for HTML based notes. KML files imported with HTML Points of Interest will now be retained and viewable in PathAway. Graphics will also be viewable. As well, links inside HTML will launch Internet Browser.
Version 5.20.79 - Feb 26 2010
- Added: Auto Import data files by placing the file in the Import folder under the PathAway defined folder. Ie. \My Documents\PathAway\Import
- Fixed: Map Layer sorting problem with full world size maps
- Added: For Touch devices (like HTC HD2). Exit Pocket Mode by pressing the Top-Left, then the Bottom-Right of the screen.
- Fixed: BSB Import maps with odd bit-depth (ie 6)
Version 5.20.77 - Feb 2 2010
- Google Satellite Maps fixed.
- Added: GeoTiff, BSB/KAP Import to Map Manager and PWMapConvert tools.
- Added: Auto Import data files by placing them in an "Import" folder under the registered PathAway folder. Ie. \My Documents\PathAway\Import. Supports PathAway PW format, KML, GPX.
- Improved KML Import/Export.
- Fixed context menu popping up occasionally when full tap and hold time not elapsed.
- Other minor fixes.
Version 5.20.72 - Nov 24 2009
- Fixed: Start New Trip, could not connect gps if "add
to current track" selected
- Fixed: Tracking dialog. On starting this dialog, current track
log is highlighted but options are disabled.
- Map Manager: Added support for .JPR format with embedded World
Version 5.20.68 - Oct 7 2009
- Added: Points Dialog. Show on Map. Now will flag the point
- Google Maps new interface added.
- Export added to Track/Route/PointDB Context menu
- Options->Tracks: Active Track log now selected by default.
Version 5.20.65 - Aug 13 2009
- Fixed: Add to Route - Many repeated Inserts scrambled route
- Added: Send My Location: Text - Trip Info. Can send a text msg
with current your trip info to someone as a readable message. Shows
them your current distance and time travelled, current speed, elevation,
course, as well as location.
- Import Trips - No longer sets newly created Points database as
- Fixed: Create Route adding corrupted point on occasion.
- VGA small toolbar now fills width of screen and is slightly larger
so it can still be selected via finger touch
- Improved Background refreshing and possible lock ups.
- Remote Location Send and Receive now done in the background to
avoid possible lockup if reception is poor.
- Can now Send or Retrieve locations down to every second.
- Improved Remote Tracking features
- GPX export. No longer exports Accuracy data by default. To turn
this on set Registry as follows:
HKLM\Software\MuskokaTech/PathAway GPS 5\ExportAccuracyData=1
HKLM\Software\MuskokaTech/PathAway GPS 5\ExportFixQuality=1
- Screens re-organized to enable easier scrolling through types
of screens. Ie. GPS Screens now have sub-screens GPS Sky View, and
GPS Data View. When you select "Next Screen", then only
the selected GPS view will be shown.
Version 5.00.33 - Mar 10 2009
- Improved stability while tracking extensively
Version 5.00.32 - Mar 2 2009
- Fixed: GPX Track Export occasionally had garbage data
- Fixed: Track not recording while in Compass Mode
Version 5.00.30 - Feb 3 2008
- Fixed: Google maps service changes.
Version 5.00.29 - Jan 23 2008
- Fixed: Hide "Remote User" not saved after startup.
- Fixed: Incorrect icons in "Activate Trip" dialog
- Fixed: Add Turn Instruction setting regular rt point using Standard
- Fixed: AutoZoom suspended when select a different map with GPS
- Added: Proper Magellan MobileMapper key mappings
Version 5.00.27 - Dec 23 2008
- Fixed: Drag map while connected snaps back immediiately instead
of after the 10 second countdown
- Fixed: GPS Premature disconnect if you go to another program that
uses CPU cycles up.
- Added: Map Returns to "North up", when Auto Rotate map
is turned off.
- Fixed: Smartphone/Standard devices: "Calculate" button
not accessable on Goto or Edit Point screens.
Version 5.00.25 - Dec 2 2008
- Fixed: Vector Maps: Can now read maps that contain unrecognized
tags, or missing components.
- Added for Multilingual build: On first startup now detects language
and sets PathAway to it automatically.
Version 5.00.23 - Nov 27 2008
- Fixed: Rotated Vector Map display when "Track Up" enabled
- Fixed: "Can't Read File" problem with Vector Maps on
Windows Mobile 2003
- Fixed: Vector Map Checkbox not working- More Improvements on Vector
- Fixed crash using repeating map zoom in/out hard keys.
- Smoother rendering of toolbars and changing dashboard items
- Added German and Austrian Gaus-Kruger Grid
- Added "Small Toolbar". Now used when selecting "Standard
menus". Also can be set in View->Map->Map Diplay..."
- Fixed bug in "Start New Trip", Create New Trip. Wasn't
allowing selecting of newly selected routes.
Version 5.00.20 - Nov 11 2008
- Performance improvements
- Fixed some issues in Trips Manager
- Fixed a problem causing general instabilility
- KML Import implemented for Points, tracks. (pre-release)
- More Vector map improvements.
- Fixed Route/Track display at record 100.
Version 5.00.18 - Oct 20 2008
- Faster refreshing of Flagged items, measure points
- Fixed Route "Add from other database" not working
- Improved speed route/track lookup when selecting on map
- PPC 2003 - Fixed language selection
Version 5.00.17 - Oct 8 2008
- Fixed: Display of Icons from Databases fails after first draw
- Improved Track name display
Version 5.00.16 - Oct 3 2008
- Initial Release