Pathaway on Android OS

Enter general ideas or complaints to be considered for future versions.

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

ckgreenman

Pathaway on Android OS

Postby ckgreenman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:31 am

Hello,
Just curious if there are any plans to port Pathaway to the Android platform. Google Maps is seriously lacking and needs a kick butt chartplotter.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:18 am

We're evaluating the Android platform now. It is a top priority for us.

nateccnn

Postby nateccnn » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:22 am

This is good news. I am looking at a Hero now and the one deciding factor is will I be able to continue using Pathaway...my favorite GPS software! Any ideas when it might come out?

--edit-- I got the Droid. I am having withdrawls from Patahawy though.

Nate

abecdd

Postby abecdd » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Hi,
just noticed that Pathaway is now available for symbian, which is a dying plattform. Hoping it will be available for Android soon, which is a rising plattform.

nmm01

We need an Android Version!

Postby nmm01 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:32 pm

I've got a droid as well, and coming from a palm, the one app I really need is pathaway! So Please port it to Android!

ralf

Postby ralf » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:45 am

It would be fine, Scott, if PathAway can be ported to Android.

Because I want to buy a new aquipment. Now I have a old palm. The new one will be most certain with Android OS. For that, I would be very happy for further use of the very useful Software PathAway on this new platform.

bwims

Is Android Still a Top Priority?

Postby bwims » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:59 pm

Scott wrote:We're evaluating the Android platform now. It is a top priority for us.

Hi,

it's nearly a year now... can you confirm that Android is still a top priority?

If so, is there any chance at all of a non-binding ballpark prediction of when a version may be ready?

Thanks,

Brian Williams

sesmith

Postby sesmith » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:07 am

Also interested in android compatibility. Hoping my palm stays alive until you support android.

goletto

PathAway on Android

Postby goletto » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:07 pm

Scott wrote:We're evaluating the Android platform now. It is a top priority for us.

Hi

I am also looking forward to an Android Version.

Kind regards

goletto

trdi

Postby trdi » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi Scott!
Why dose it take so long?
For now I have my girlfriends HTC Tattoo, so if you need, you can contact me for testing if you have some version for Android.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:14 am

We're still working on an Android version of PathAway to be ready some time in 2011. The first IPhone version will be out in November 2010.

We're working very hard on these new additions and intend to agressively make them the best available products in their category.

goletto

windows mobile 7

Postby goletto » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Scott wrote:We're still working on an Android version of PathAway to be ready some time in 2011. The first IPhone version will be out in November 2010.

We're working very hard on these new additions and intend to agressively make them the best available products in their category.

Hi Scott

I think you will not run out of work soon !!

- iPhone version in November 2010

- Android version in 2011

- Windows mobile 7 version in ???

I am disappointed to hear that the Android Version will come out only in 2011.

I have searched and could not find any real good off-road app for the Android. The best I found (in my opinion) is the "Trimble Outdoors", but it has limitations on the track-recording (max is 1000 points) and on the way it handles maps in remote areas with limited cell phone coverage (it locks up when you have too many map tiles in the mapcache) . But it can import pre-planned tracks and routes in the GPX-format into your Android.

Kind regards

goletto

jp

Postby jp » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:45 am

Hi:

I am also disapointed not having PA on Android. In the meantime I am using the Oruxmaps software. It is way not as powerful as PA (Palm or even Symbian version) but it works OK and they are progressing every day. Besides it is free and has nice features to build maps automatically.

On the iPhone there is a similar situation. A simple and cheap application called Offlinemaps does a fair job. Again PA is much better but still not runing for the iPhone.

In short if PA does not come out pretty soon then it will not have any chunck of the market.

Anyhow PA is still a great soft and pretty stable (especially the Symbian version) but I would love to have the same software across different platform in the familly. The feature of aving exactly the same file format between the Palm (maps, points, ...) and Symbian was really handy to me.

Keep in touch

jpgrohn

Android version

Postby jpgrohn » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:57 am

I have changed my phone also to android and waiting version for it... :!:

bwims

Android - Latest Newsletter

Postby bwims » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:50 pm

On the 16th December, I got the latest Pathaway Newsletter which said:

Platforms Soon to be Supported:

Android

Last I heard it was going to be 2011. Any prediction for a month yet?

Return to “General Suggestions”