Calibration of (slightly) rotated map in map manager...

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 3 for Palm OS

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

ErikEngerd

Calibration of (slightly) rotated map in map manager...

Postby ErikEngerd » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:00 am

Hi,

I have scanned in a map but the scan is slightly rotated (e.g. 4 degrees) and calibrated the map using known points.

My question is now if either (1) pathaway map manager takes rotation of the map into account (as indicated by the known points), or (2) if it tries to calibrate the map using the known points but assuming that the map boundaries are exactly along lon/lat axes.

Cheers
Erik

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:58 pm

PathAway Map Manager supports only projected maps that do not have horizontal latitude and vertical longitude lines. To do this, you would need to find out the exact projection parameters for the map.

To calibrate skewed maps today on arbitrary known points you would need to use Touratech-QV for calibration. (http://pathaway.com/ttqv.htm).

Note: PathAway 4 will support Skewed maps calibrated by known points.

m1@romram.se

When are PathAway 4 expected?

Postby m1@romram.se » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:37 pm

Hi,

I am extremely interested in the new PathAway 4 since I failed to launch the pourly constructed Fugawi software. In fact I am glad the Fugawi software faild to deliver because otherwise I wouldn't have found this perfect solution.

The only drawback for me is the map handling. Bying the Touratech software is a bit to expensive for my wallet and intended use so I am putting all my hope in the new PathAway 4.

Finally my question; When is this haused software due?

Best Regards // Mike

Return to “PathAway for Palm OS - Support”