T5 and Bluetooth GPS compatibility

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 3 for Palm OS

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

Rob

T5 and Bluetooth GPS compatibility

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:07 pm

I have a T5 and a GlobalSat Bluetooth GPS 'BT338'. The T5 has discovered and 'paired' with the gps and I have set it up as a trusted device. However with PathAway 3 v3.01b30, there is no obvious communication. In 'config. gps' menu "Protocol"-I have tried both NMEA & GlobalSat-NMEA. "Port" seems to be an issue as there is no Bluetooth on the 'dropdown list'. I have tried Cradle(8000) and most others to no avail.
I have a USB Bluetooth adaptor on my Laptop and have successfully linked the BT338 to it, and with it positioned outside I have received GPS telemetary with no problems. I am running out of ideas I have quizzed Palm and as yet no reply, I'm wondering whether the T5 can successfully Bluetooth to a GPS despite them (palm) saying that it can. The Bt338 uses the latest SiRFIII chipset receiver, maybe that is an issue. Who knows..
Hopefully someone can shed some light.
Thanks to all
Rob

ports

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:31 am

First, try a more recent version?? b35

What Ports are listed in your drop down list? I'm using a Clie TH-55 with the same GPS unit, and for some reason I have 2 bluetooth items listed in Pathaway, yet only the bottom one works to pair to the GPS with Pathaway. A bug?? My list shows the following: Cradle (8000), Infrared (8001), Serie, Bluetooth, USB Console, USB Hotsync, Infrared, Bluetooth.

Have you tried some other more basic Palm GPS apps such as Cetus GPS, or Navigator Palm (watch the settings with this one)? Is the GPS in Sirf mode? If so it won't work with software expecting NMEA.

When all else fails, backup your Palm, do a hard reset :evil: and then test it again with just the one app.

ruudm

T5 and TomTom GPS

Postby ruudm » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:20 pm

(newbee question)

Does anybody know if it is possible to get those 2 communicate together with the PathAway software?

Tungsten T5 - TomTom GPS (bluetooth) - PathAway

Thx!

ruudm

Postby ruudm » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:37 am

To answer my own question: yes it does work together.
On to the next puzzle!

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:32 am

I had the same problem, no bluetooth in the dropdown list, although it was there in the beginning. This was T5 and Palmone bluetooth GPS.
After soft reset, the bluetooth reappeared on the dropdown list. Selecting NMEA, 4800 baud the GPS was connected.
Hope it workes for others. PathAway 3.01b35

Cheers,
Jon

Return to “PathAway for Palm OS - Support”