RESOLVED: Map won't display with GPS connected

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 3 for Palm OS

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

Mike Maurice

RESOLVED: Map won't display with GPS connected

Postby Mike Maurice » Sat May 21, 2005 4:58 am

I have the latest version of PathAway on a Clie NX80.
As soon as the GPS connects, the map goes away.

What gives.

ralf

Postby ralf » Mon May 23, 2005 4:26 pm

Are you certainly that the Map was calibrated correctly?

You can test it by tuching a known point of the Map. A window with koordinates from this point appers, and You can verify it.

Verdy

Maps dissappeared when GPS connected

Postby Verdy » Fri May 27, 2005 8:11 am

I have the same problem just this morning. I try the software about a month ago on my Garmin Ique 3600. It works like a charm, so I bought the software. Last night I just convert a complete map of my city (divided by region) with the map manager. It works for a while, but when I tested this morning, it seems that the software failed to read the map saved in the memory card. The map is still there, and I can open it when GPS not connected. I know its correctly calibrated (since I tested it before), but why everytime the GPS is on, the maps gone, and I've seen a little words around the map saying: cannot read maps.
Please help... :cry:

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:22 am

Is it possible you are low on main memory on the device? When loading maps from the memory card, PathAway must load sections of the map into main memory. If there is not enough memory, then the map section cannot be displayed.
If you're sure it's not a memory problem, you can send the map to me, or post it here.

Verdy

Problem solved... I think

Postby Verdy » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:49 am

Thanks Scott. After my last posting, I delete all the map and reload them back. I rename the map to have less than 8 characters, because when I have problem, all my maps name are more than 8 characters and after sending it to my Ique all of them have the "~" sign in the name. I dunno whether that's matter though, but after renaming it, I never experience the same problem again. Oh yeah, I always kept my main memory above 2MB. The other thing that might cause the problem (I dunno for sure...) is because I swap my memory card alot between computers during the process of generating the map with map managers.

Anyway, everything is fine now... Thanks again for the reply.

Mike

I also had this problem....

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:23 pm

with topo maps I downloaded until I relealized it was a calibration problem: when you cut and paste lat/lon into the calibration by point in the desktop map manager, it assumes North lat and *East* long!!! All of my maps were calibrated into the wrong hemisphere.

When I went back and redid the calibrations, all was well.

You might consider adding an option setting to the desktop map manager to pre set N/S and E/W defaults for lat/long fields. It's easy to make this entry error.

I am still evaluating PathAway, leaning toward registering it, but I want to try it in the field for geocaching first...

Mike

Return to “PathAway for Palm OS - Support”