Palm TX crashes

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 3 for Palm OS

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

chadzopkyo

Palm TX crashes

Postby chadzopkyo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:17 am

PathAway seems to be an ideal program to run on my Palm TX. I've tried the latest version 4 trial. Works great unless I go into the points view and hit show point, then the Palm resets. All preferences lost, let's start again :o Recurring problem :x
Tried version 3. Oops! bad move. Mucking around with the points view reset the Palm. Not only that but it was stuck in an endless reset loop. Needed a HARD reset to rescue it :shock:
Is this normal :?:

Dodger

Postby Dodger » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:29 am

I use Pathaway on a TX - I just tried what you suggested in your last post & it worked fine on my TX - No crashes, resets, etc.

Have you checked the rest of your installed TX applications against the Palm TX compatibility list? Perhaps you have another application that may be interacting badly with PathAway?

Dodger

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:36 am

If you can reliably reproduce this please let us know. It could possibly have to do with the Points database you are using.

If it happens again, please send us your Points Database and we'll try to reproduce it.

chadzopkyo

Oops

Postby chadzopkyo » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:00 pm

Thanks for the replies.
It was a bit easier and more dramatic to create problems this time.
I reloaded PathAway4 and selected points view.
(using the sample database and maps).
Tried what I did last time a couple of times, all OK. But...when I tapped on the map to select a location which brought up the Point menu and selected OK....
Palm TX crashed and went into endless reset loop, needing another hard reset :shock:
After hotsynching and reloading all files/programs and hitting the reset button as instructed on the screen, the TX promptly resumed it’s endless reset loop. So another hard reset :?
I suspect you are right about the compatability list, I'll delete a few programs and see if I can stop the crashes :)

gery

Palm TX chrash

Postby gery » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:47 am

Hello!
I have the same problem - my TX chrashes if pathaway is running!

What are the not compatible programs?

best regards

Gery

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:11 pm

We have no information on third-party programs that can cause problems while running PathAway. If someone discovers a program that does interfere with the operation of PathAway, we would appreciate knowing about it. So far we have been unable to reproduce the reported problem with the T|X. Please let us know if you find any repeatable steps that causes a crash.

Also please check your available memory on your handheld. Perhaps the problem is a low memory situation.

PathAway memory usage can be monitored by setting a dashboard item to "General->Free Memory".

Return to “PathAway for Palm OS - Support”