Maps not allways displaying

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 3 for Palm OS

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

Thylacine

Postby Thylacine » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:50 pm

I have a palm 515 with palm OS v4.1 with 1GB SD card, connected to a Magellan Companion. Pathaway version is 3.01b33
I have scanned maps of South Korea calibrated in Map manager.
I am experiencing two intermittant problems.
First Problem
On occasion the map I need does not allways load (at all) however the tracks and waypoints display at the correct scale. Other maps (larger scale or different areas) load ok. This occurs when travelling from one map to the next, sometimes in the middle of a map as it re centers and sometimes when first activating Pathaway.
Second Problem
The map displays but it is not centered and the track and waypoints all display in a horizontal line across the display. i.e the track moves from left to right passing through each waypoint when the gps is at that waypoint.

Please advise

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:25 am

This must be due to a calibration problem. Check the values in the Map Details Dialog in PathAway. Menu Options->Maps, select map and choose "Details"

Thylacine

Postby Thylacine » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:30 am

Scott,

I have looked in the details of each of the maps giving problems but I can't see any obvious problem.
What should I be looking for in this section?

I calibrate maps using known waypoints. Can you confirm how Pathaway uses more than two calibration points?
i.e does it attempt to match the calibration to most points and discount those points which it can't match?
Alternatively if any calibration point does not have the same accuracy as the others does this corrupt the calibration?

I have noticed that the maps which I am having trouble with were maps which I originaly calibrated used and then adjusted the calibration in Map Manager and replaced on the palm (new file name and deleted the old file on the palm)

Thylacine

Maps not allways displaying correctly

Postby Thylacine » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:22 am

Eventually I found out that insufficent memory was the cause of this problem. Once I erased redundant files and gained approx 4MB of spare memory the problem disapeared.

Thylacine

Maps not allways displaying correctly

Postby Thylacine » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:23 am

Eventually I found out that insufficent memory was the cause of this problem. Once I erased redundant files and gained approx 4MB of spare memory the problem disapeared.

Return to “PathAway for Palm OS - Support”