Pathway suitable for Palm Z22?

Frequently Asked Questions

Moderator: Scott

HansFromHolland

Pathway suitable for Palm Z22?

Postby HansFromHolland » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:55 am

Hi,

I'm planning a long MTB trip (1200km) so I need an extra device for storing gpstracks and download gpslogs from my garmin gps60.

I'm thinking of purchasing a palm Z22 and pathaway for this extra gps data storage and communication tool with my garmin gpsmap60.

Is the combination of the palm Z22 and pathaway a good combo for this?

Thanks for any reply,

Hans

Dodger

Postby Dodger » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:46 am

I don't believe the Zire22 has bluetooth, does it? That might make is somewhat more difficult to interface with a GPS if you planned to use the standard bluetooth "mouse" style GPS that most of us use with Pathaway.

I'm not sure whether your Garmin GPSr has a standard serial IO, but before purchasing the Zire, you may wish to do a little research to ensure 1) there is a cable that is able to connect your GPSr to the Zire22, and b) that the Zire22 is capable of communicating with your Garmin. As the Zire22 runs the standard "Garnet" PalmOS, I would imagine it would have no problems running PathAway, but whether or not it could use your Garmin GPSr as it's GPS signal source is another question.

Dodger

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:58 pm

No the Z22 does not have a serial interface, so bluetooth is the only way to connect a GPS to it.
If you want to connect to your GPS via cable, you would need a Palm with a multi-connector such as the T|X, Lifedrive, or Treo.
You can get serial adapters from places like PC-Mobile at http://pc-mobile.net

HansFromHolland

Postby HansFromHolland » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:37 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

My garmin gpsmap60 can interface with USB, the palm z22 has a usb port, so I think interfacing with the garmin should be possible?

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - FAQs”