PathAway and Palm Lifedrive

Frequently Asked Questions

Moderator: Scott

SMA

PathAway and Palm Lifedrive

Postby SMA » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Hi

I am having a Palm Lifedrive.

When I am using Pathaway, I have on a regular basis a problem of bluetooth connection lost.

This is also happening with some other GPS software (freeware).

I may suppose that the problem is coming from the bluetooth protocol of the lifedrive.

Does anyone is knowing this problem, and is having a solution?

Thanks

ZehHa

Postby ZehHa » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:32 pm

Hi SMA!

I had problems with particular GMS receivers. Both my TX and my LifeDrive lost the bluetooth connection once in a while. Sometimes I could use it for hours, somtimes the connection was lost after a couple of minutes. And I had to switch off the PDA to get the bluetooth connectivity back! Just restarting the GPS connection lead to an error. Two mobile phones (Nokia 6233 and 6120) could use the same receivers without any problems.

I think, the PalmOS bluetooth protocol is somewhat nitpick (or less tolerant to connection errors). With the Holux GPSlim 236 there were no problems whatsoever. Very robust connection.

My recommendation: Try a different receiver, the Holux brand should be a good choice.

HTH

Regards

Carsten

olivier old

Bluetouth disconnexion

Postby olivier old » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:10 pm

I use Pathway 4 with a Tungsten T5 and a Kerrio bluetouth GPS. I have exactly the same issue. It doesn't come from one of the devices because it works pefectly with ViaMichelin which is a road GPS software.

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - FAQs”