FIXED: 4 SE crashes on startup on Palm TX

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS

Moderator: Scott

fitchmunk

FIXED: 4 SE crashes on startup on Palm TX

Postby fitchmunk » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:08 am

The demo version of Pathaway 4 SE crashes and resets on the first screen on my Palm TX. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Dodger

Postby Dodger » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:18 am

I've been using Pathaway on my TX for over a year without any difficulties... Possibly you have an incompatibility issue with another piece of installed software? (NVFS PDAs can be pretty particular about what will work with what...)

My suggestion would be to do a full backup to your SD card using NVBackup, do a hard reset of the TX to return it to factory default, then re-install Pathaway. If it runs fine (which I suspect it will) you can then begin restoring your other third-party apps one at a time using NVBackup until you find out which app is causing you the heartache.

Dodger

fitchmunk

Postby fitchmunk » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:27 am

Great idea. I'll try it. Thank you very much. :D

Dodger

Postby Dodger » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:44 pm

No problem... Please let us know if you discover which app (if any) was causing the problem... (That way the rest of us TX owners can watch out for it..) :-)

Dodger

Kesh

Postby Kesh » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:59 am

I am currently running the demo trial on a Palm TX. No problems at all so far (still 8 days remaining for the trial to expire).

I have other software installed...and have deleted other software... so my TX is not a clean/fresh new Palm....and Pathaway is working fine...

I ordered a cable to connect to my Etrex (the no mapping, small yellow Etrex). Thats the only test I need to conduct. I scanned a map of Doha and calibrated it using Google earth and the desktop tool of Pathaway. It works fine. As I don't have the cable yet (it is in the US, and I will put my hands on it when I travel back to USA in November for a short visit).

As I don't have the cable, I just carried my Etrex to some points in the city, took note of the coordinates and then used the Palm to go to those coordinates...the result was great !!! It pointed the exact locations on my digitized map !

I can't wait to have the cable and do the "live" test with my car around the city.

Kesh

Postby Kesh » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:03 am

Fitchmunk,

Just in case you are still having problems:

Try installing the latest release 4.00.76. Please read this topic on how to install.

http://www.pathaway.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1064

Kesh
Doha, State of Qatar

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:55 pm

This version is now part of the full release build and can be downloaded from the normal download page at http://pathaway.com/dlpw4stdpalm

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Support”