Page 1 of 1

RESOLVED: Palm TX freezes after pushing hard keys

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:23 pm
by michulle
Hi
I have a trial version of Pathaway 4 and when I push a hard key which is set as system default it freezes and I have to soft reset it.

And one more thing. How can I close this program (not using hard keys).

Thank You.

Re: Palm TX freezes after pushing hard keys

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:48 pm
by alweiss
Hi,
michulle wrote:I have a trial version of Pathaway 4 and when I push a hard key which is set as system default it freezes and I have to soft reset it.

And one more thing. How can I close this program (not using hard keys).

Thank You.


I completely can confirm this behaviour with my TX but with the latest version 4.0.80. Furthermore my Palm always performs a softreset by using the screen buttons (e.g. calculator) to exit PA.

What is the problem and how can I solve this?

Cheers,
Alexander

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:48 pm
by Scott
You close the program from the "Home" icon on the Status screen.

We have not yet been able to reproduce this problem. Exactly what Version Information on the TX do you have?

Home Button on TX

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:08 pm
by ZehHa
Hi Scott!

Just to inform you. By default, there is nothing like a home button on the TX. You have to install a tool to get this implemented.

To the others: I'm using mySkin for this purpose. But there are several other freeware tools to get this done. Do some googling, and you will find some. SharkTXfix is one of them.

HTH

Carsten

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 am
by ZehHa
Hi Scott!

Sorry, read "home icon" instead of "home button". The hard button Nr. 1 (home button) definetely exists on a TX. But the status screen's home icon was omitted.

Kind regards

Carsten

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:29 pm
by Scott
I understand about the Home button. After looking at the Palm Simulator (we don't have an actual T|X here), there is a Home icon on the Graffiti bar. Is there not one there on the actual device?

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:54 am
by Dodger
On the TX, the Grafitti bar is configurable - You can place whatever icons you like there, including the "Home" icon.

Honestly though, most TX owners that I know (I know quite a few) are all running a small hack called "FindWithHome". Its a great little freeware utility which replaces the find icon in the task bar with a home icon. A long tap on the icon still brings up find. It is available from here: http://www.mobile-stream.com/demos/txhmbtn.zip

Dodger

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:14 pm
by voytek
Dodger wrote:On the TX, the Grafitti bar is configurable - You can place whatever icons you like there, including the "Home" icon.
Dodger


Dodger,

how do you configure the G bar on TX ?

Re: Home Button on TX

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:05 pm
by ZehHa
Hi voytek!
voytek wrote:how do you configure the G bar on TX ?

This could be helpful:
ZehHa wrote:To the others: I'm using mySkin for this purpose. But there are several other freeware tools to get this done. Do some googling, and you will find some. SharkTXfix is one of them.

HTH

Carsten

HTH

Carsten