FIXED: Distance to dest doesn't provide expected result

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS

Moderator: Scott

jp

FIXED: Distance to dest doesn't provide expected result

Postby jp » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:23 pm

Hi,

I have a route (see attached file) that I import in PathAway (4.00.80 on Palm TX). Everything runs fine. I ask to go forward on the route and go to the route. It shows fine in red on my map. I have about 360 points.

The only problem is that the DTD displays does not show the real distance to the last point of the track but rather the destination of some other points because it shows a value which as always much too low. Besides, when I scroll through the different displays PA tells me when route detail information are shown that the distance to next point is not exactly the DTD. If I position me at the begining of the route the distance direct to destination is 14.95km (which is about right). So do I do something wrong? Is there an issue here?

Anybody has seen this already.

Thanks.

JP
Attachments
Cudrefin.csv
Tack file that is imported (directly in PA) as a route
(11.95 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

jp

Postby jp » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:50 am

Hi Scott:

Have you seen this? This is rather anoying and this happens with any kind of imported tracks. Lately I have been doing similar stuff but trying to import a Google Earth track that I ask PA to follow as a route. The Distance to Destination is always from the current point to the next closest point.

Same thing getting tracks from SwissMap25. I tried multiple export/import format with no luck.

Any chance of having this fixed?

Thanks

JP

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:23 am

This should be resolved in the latest builds. Please try it again.

jp

Postby jp » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi Scott:

Thanks for the feedback and posting a new version. Unfortunatly it does not work better on 4.89 than before. If you take the attached file and import it has a route, follow it forward and go to the begining of the route you will see that the DTD is always to the closest point and not to the destination.

Do I do something wrong?

Thanks

JP

gody

Postby gody » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:36 pm

jp wrote:Hi Scott:

Thanks for the feedback and posting a new version. Unfortunatly it does not work better on 4.89 than before. If you take the attached file and import it has a route, follow it forward and go to the begining of the route you will see that the DTD is always to the closest point and not to the destination.

Do I do something wrong?

Thanks

JP

Quick fix for this:
In route menu do duplicate route. Duplicated route works OK.
It seems that some fields in route file are different when exporting from for example GPSBabel.
Unfortunately PDB and PRC are not documented well to fix GPSbabel.
Oh, on my Sony CLIE duplication causes reset, so I have to use Pathaway 3 for this operation (it does work better, faster and more stable than version 4 overall anyway).

Guenther Erhard

Postby Guenther Erhard » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:28 am

Hi JP,

I've experienced this too.

A few years ago I used following workaround:
Select the new route in the route dialog and choose "Rebuild database" from the menu.

After that it worked like expected.

HTH
Guenther

jp

Postby jp » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:30 am

Hi Guenther:

This works like a charm! Thank you very much.

JP

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Palm OS - Support”