Directory selection of storage card is lost without card

Questions and problems for PathAway GPS 3 for Windows Mobile

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

GPSKlaus

Directory selection of storage card is lost without card

Postby GPSKlaus » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:12 am

Hi,

I use a storage card where maps are stored and select/unselect as needed

This selection is lost when the card is removed and Pathaway started.

A suggestion:
Best would be to have a tree structure for the selected directories so I can easily select/unselect previously used ones; a missing storage device might be grayed out.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:33 am

They are probably lost because the storage card is set to read-only.
This flag needs to write to the location where the data is stored so the state is recalled on insert/removal of cards.

Dodger

Postby Dodger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:12 am

I think the problem may involve more than the "Read Only" flag - At least on the Palm TX it does... If I pop my SD card out for some reason, then forget to put it back in the TX and start Pathaway with no SD card in or with a different SD card in, PA will, from that point on, "forget" all of the previously registered folders.

Even when I realize I am missing the card, shut everything down and replace the card with the correct card (the one with my maps on it) and re-start PA, I have to re-register all of my folders.

It's a little irritating because I frequently swap SD cards and often forget that I haven't put my PathAway map card back in before starting PathAway. Once you do that, you have no choice but to manually re-register each folder once you put the proper SD card back in.

Dodger

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:35 am

Hi Dodger,
I think what you describe is a Palm OS issue only. It works differently on Windows Mobile.

Dodger

Postby Dodger » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:21 am

Ahh, you are no doubt correct Scott... Completely different OS and hardware... (Just realized this was in the "Windows Mobile Support" forum... Doh! :-)

Dodger

Return to “PathAway for Windows Mobile - Support”