Will PW3 be developed further?

Questions and problems for PathAway GPS 3 for Windows Mobile

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

kali

Will PW3 be developed further?

Postby kali » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:12 pm

Local Time
when you choose System, and GPS is connected, the GMT Time is displayed and not the local (system) time. So the Track is in not tracked with local time.

Hard Keys
Even when "Hard Keys activate" is NOT checked, you can not use the hard keys of the PPC! So I can not make for instance an screen shot etc., in the Palm Version you can.

Tracking / Trip
PW3 always wants to track. Even when you stop the trip, an moment later PW3 starts again with tracking, embarrassing. So you can not use PW3 as moving map only.

PathawayDBV
The DBV is still growing, even Tracks, WPs etc. are deleted. The DBV is found three times, in My Documtes (ROM), at the integrated memory (RAM) and at the CF-Card whre the maps are.
Is this realy necessary? One DBV should be enough and must NOT be in the ROM.

Karl

silber1

Postby silber1 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:31 pm

Hallo,
I was walking around this summer with HP hx4700, Holux 236 BTmouse and Pathaway.
I had much fun with it.
For me I would like to see in the 4.0 version also (hopefully comming soon?):

Simple method to measure distances between 2 map-points
A triggersignal which will switch on and off the pda e.a. every 5 minutes to set a waypoint to spare power.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:39 pm

We are working very hard to complete the release of PathAway 4. It will be out very soon.

RE: Local Time
when you choose System, and GPS is connected, the GMT Time is displayed and not the local (system) time. So the Track is in not tracked with local time

Tracks are always stored in GMT time. Translation to local time is done for the display.

RE: Hard Keys
Even when "Hard Keys activate" is NOT checked, you can not use the hard keys of the PPC! So I can not make for instance an screen shot etc., in the Palm Version you can.

You need to turn "On" Hard Keys, then set the individual setting to "System Setting" in order to have the key perform the default function.

RE: Tracking / Trip

Select "GPS->Start New Trip" and turn Off the "Record To Track Log" button. Or in "Options->Preferences->Tracking", turn off the "Record Track History" button.

We are aware of the DBV size issue. This is a Pocket PC Database problem, but we are working on a solution to recompress the database. There is the capability of using compressed databases, but there is a performance hit. A seperate Compress Database function is more desirable.

Roman

Zoom Out Problem

Postby Roman » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:17 pm

Hello Kali

There are some more probs and bugs, like zoom out etc. which are not solved, so I ask if you still work on PW for PPCs.

Can you give me more info about the problem as I have also encountred it in the current version and was thinking it was caused by the hardware I am using. Is it then a known software bug?

Rgds,
Roman (UK)

kali

Postby kali » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:04 pm

Hallo Scott,

Scott wrote:We are working very hard to complete the release of PathAway 4. It will be out very soon.

... good to hear!

Scott wrote:racks are always stored in GMT time. Translation to local time is done for the display.

... during tracking the local time is not displayed :?

Scott wrote:You need to turn "On" Hard Keys, then set the individual setting to "System Setting" in order to have the key perform the default function.

... thanks, so it works :oops:

Scott wrote:Select "GPS->Start New Trip" and turn Off the "Record To Track Log" button. Or in "Options->Preferences->Tracking", turn off the "Record Track History" button.

... ok, but complicated, start track - stop track, this would be more convenient.

Thank you for your help!
Karl

zamzon

Hardkeys

Postby zamzon » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:55 am

Scott wrote:We are working very hard to complete the release of PathAway 4. It will be out very soon.
[..]
You need to turn "On" Hard Keys, then set the individual setting to "System Setting" in order to have the key perform the default function.

Yes, but not the secondary function, by holding the key a little longer..
I use the hardkeys for zooming and scaling in and out and would like to have a possibility to switch to the 'today screen', other prg., etc. without going through the menus.

Return to “PathAway for Windows Mobile - Support”