Fixed: directional keys not locked in pocketmode

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile

Moderator: Scott

stefan

Fixed: directional keys not locked in pocketmode

Postby stefan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:52 pm

hi scott.

when pathaway is in pocketmode, the directional keys for map scaling are not locked. when pressed accidently (which happens quite often in my pocket), pathaway remembers those key presses and executes them when it returns from pocketmode.

stefan.

mshere

Postby mshere » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:28 pm

Yes, I've noticed that as well. Also, whilst in pocket mode, pressing any hard key will wake up the machine and start up the programme which it was set to in windows - calendar contacts etc.

Mike

stefan

Postby stefan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:27 am

i am using MortSaver now instead of PathAway Pocketmode. It does a better job locking out all other keys (including power/standby).

The power consumption with mortsaver is a tiny bit higher than with pathaway pocketmode (125mA vs 120mA on a loox 560 with internal gps), i think thats still tolerable. also, the audio alarms of pathaway still work, pocketmode switched them off iirc.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:02 am

This is fixed in build 4.00.46

stefan

Postby stefan » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:09 pm

directional keys are ignored fine in pocketmode now.

however, a wm5-pda still wakes up and launches the configured applications for a buttons hold-mode. this makes the pocketmode pretty dangerous, powerconsumptionwise, in a pocket :).

something like proper key-locking should have been implemented in wm5 directly. i'm sure it's a huge hassle to deal with on the application-side. besides the hold-modes, there's also the power/standby button to consider for example.

i'm thinking that maybe it's the wrong approach to try and implement every possibility in pathaway's pocketmode. pathaway is, in fact, a gps-application, not a general fix-every-drawback-in-wm5-multi-purpose-tool.

you could remove pocketmode and leave screenoff/keylocking/etc to specialized applications (like mortsaver, who does it almost perfectly). to get the same powersaving potential, pathaway could simply query the state of the screen. when it's turned off, skip all those cpu-intensive tasks which are skipped now in pocketmode.

ssteidte

Fixes in 4.00.46

Postby ssteidte » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:02 pm

Scott wrote:This is fixed in build 4.00.46

Where is the link to download this build?

Regards,
Steffen

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:16 pm

4.00.46 is now release status, so it can be downloaded from the main download page at http://pathaway.com/dlpw4stdwm/

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - Support”