Can PW save current location at least once a second?

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 5 PRO for Windows Mobile
rstarck

Can PW save current location at least once a second?

Postby rstarck » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:44 pm

Can PW save/log my current location tracks at least once a second? If not, what is it's maximum frequency? I'm trying to find a windows mobile software solution that will continuously (or at least once every second) save my current location walking tracks. Can PW do this or any other program anyone has heard of?
thanks, Rick

gpsrookie

Postby gpsrookie » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi,

via "options / preferences / tracking" you have several possibilities to adjust the recording of tracks. You can, for instance, record track-points by time "constant", "every second", "3 seconds", and so on.

But In my experience there seems to be no real difference between these options. The maximum frequency I experienced was 2 - 3 seconds each track-point, what normaly is sufficient. Maybe it depends on the gps-receiver and speed of the pda-system. Maybe someone else has different experiences!?

Hope it helps
Stefan

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:11 pm

With the setting at "constant" PathAway will record position as fast as it can. The frequency can be limited by PDA processor speed, and the amount of data that needs to be rendered on the screen. If you are using no maps and have no points to display, and set the preferences to not display the track log, then you can likely achieve a recording every second. (Or also record in Pocket Mode)

The other issue is the frequency that the GPS receiver collects and reports the location. This you can't control but most can report at 1 second or better frequency.

gpsrookie

Postby gpsrookie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:56 am

Hi,

indeed, that works. Every one second a trackpoint. Thank you for the information.

Return to “PathAway 5 PRO for Windows Mobile - Support”