FIXED: Some errors / problems

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 5 PRO for Windows Mobile
gpsrookie

FIXED: Some errors / problems

Postby gpsrookie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:41 pm

While working with PathAway there are some errors / problems I have found:

1. When using "Small Toolbar Icons" on a vga display the icons are too small (see picture small-toolbar). When using "Large Toolbar Icons" you loose two icons in the toolbar (Toggle Proximity Alarm and Scale 100%).

2. When you start PathAway and you first press the right softkey to open the Tools-Menu PathAway quits immediatley.

3. When you change to Proximity- or Point-View the Main- and Tools-Menu doesn't open by pressing the left or right softkey. It works only if you first touch on the screen or drag the map.

4. When GPS is searching for a fix it is not possible to open menus by pressing left or right softkey.

5. Sometimes there are curious lines on the screen, sometimes when tracking or when dragging the map (see pictures lines1, lines2, lines3).

6. Track / Edit Points: the title of the second column is missing. It would be fine to see what information is displayed.

7. My camera isn't working from PathAway. I get an error message (see picture camera).

Could you please fix these points.

Thanks and bye

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:18 pm

I'm having the same error when trying to access the camera from PW5.

BrTracker

Re: Some errors / problems

Postby BrTracker » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:23 pm

gpsrookie wrote:While working with PathAway there are some errors / problems I have found:

1. When using "Small Toolbar Icons" on a vga display the icons are too small (see picture small-toolbar). When using "Large Toolbar Icons" you loose two icons in the toolbar (Toggle Proximity Alarm and Scale 100%).

2. When you start PathAway and you first press the right softkey to open the Tools-Menu PathAway quits immediatley.

3. When you change to Proximity- or Point-View the Main- and Tools-Menu doesn't open by pressing the left or right softkey. It works only if you first touch on the screen or drag the map.

4. When GPS is searching for a fix it is not possible to open menus by pressing left or right softkey.

5. Sometimes there are curious lines on the screen, sometimes when tracking or when dragging the map (see pictures lines1, lines2, lines3).

6. Track / Edit Points: the title of the second column is missing. It would be fine to see what information is displayed.

7. My camera isn't working from PathAway. I get an error message (see picture camera).

Could you please fix these points.

Thanks and bye

Hello
I noticed same behaviour on your Item 5 when using PW5 in my HTC TYTNII

gpsrookie

Postby gpsrookie » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi PW5-User,

the other items are okay for you? Don't you have these problems? Please tell.

Thanks an bye

gpsrookie

Postby gpsrookie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:44 pm

One more issue:

8. When you have a waypoint with elevation stored (from TTQ4 imported or pinpointed with PW5) and you open it for editing, after closing, the elevation information is lost. The same with recorded track points.

Scott,
what about these problems / errors? Could you reproduce them? When will they be fixed?

gpsrookie

Postby gpsrookie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:56 pm

9. When I want to move points from one point database to another point database the selected points don't stored into the selected destination point database, but in a different database.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:52 am

We have posted a pre-release build which fixes many instabilities that have been reported. If you have had problems with PathAway please try this pre-release build. It is posted at http://pathaway.com/prerelease5/

If there are still outstanding problems, we'll get them fixed.

gpsrookie

Postby gpsrookie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:20 pm

Hi Scott,

Update to PW5 Pro, Version 5.20.63 Multilanguage.

Except for points 1 and 2, all other reported problems still exist.

3. Same behavior.

4. Same behavior, but it depends on if the toolbar is displayed or not. When it is displayed it is possible to open menus by pressing left or right softkey. When the toolbar is displayed I can't open the menus when GPS is searching for fix.

5. Same behavior. That is very very annoying!!!

6. Same behavior.

7. Same behavior. I get this error message: "Camera Capture is not available".

8. Same behavior. This is very annoying because of loss of elavation information when editing a waypoint.

9. Same behavior. This is also very annoying!

Furthermore with the new release there are some more errors / issues:

10. In GPS- or Satellite-View press "Next Screen" (Hard Button 3) -> PW hangs up.

11. It's not possible any more to edit points this way: Point Databases... / "My Points" / Edit Points... / <point> / Edit. But when selecting a point directly on the display for editing it is possible: Point / Edit Point...

12. When there is no GPS fix and I switch off my PDA display, Pathaway exits. That wasn't with 5.0.33

Please could you fix this points
Bye
Stefan

gpsrookie

Postby gpsrookie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:26 pm

more errors:

13. It's not possible any more to tap and hold on the screen, for example to change Dashboard information fields or "Add/delete items to/from Favorite Menu".

Do you check alll these problems and are you able to comprehend these??? Or do I only have these errors??? Please give me soon an answer!!!

Bye

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:30 pm

5.00.64 fixed the Tap and hold problem.
Other issues are on our list and will be resolved.

gpsrookie

Postby gpsrookie » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:58 pm

ok,

no. 13 fixed

Thanks! I'm lookink forward to the next fixes ;-)

Bye

Return to “PathAway 5 PRO for Windows Mobile - Support”