Pocket mode does not work on HTC TYTNII and many delays...

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 5 PRO for Windows Mobile
BrTracker

Pocket mode does not work on HTC TYTNII and many delays...

Postby BrTracker » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:36 pm

Hello

I tried to record a track last weekend.
I put started the track recording, put the device in pocket mode.
When I looked at the device some time later. The backlight was turned on, pw was totally frozen and no points were recorded at all.

Then I tried again this time in my car so I could observe what was happening.

I noticed that some minutes after activating pocket mode the GPS led stops blink.
When I exit pocket mode, there is always the screen:

GPS is not responding
Do you want to search automatically ?

If I press yes then it starts again.

I tried 2 or 3 times when finally pw was frozen again.

Also, anything you do makes pw exit from pocket mode, for example slide the keyboard, connect or disconnect the charger, an SMS receiving etc.

Now I undestand why I ran out of battery in my previous try to record a track while driving my ATV off road.

I wonder if I'm forgeting someting for this feature to work.

Also I noticed that when recording a track. The pointer shows some delay to indicate the direction, position and speed. I mean, for eg if I stop my car, it takes 2 or 3 seconds to indicate 0Km/h. If I make a corner also 2 or 3 seconds is required to show correct direction / position.

gpsrookie

Postby gpsrookie » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Pocket mode dosn't really work with my device, too. Although "Lock Hard Keys" is checked I can still use the call-or ok-button. Further I don't know how to quit pocket mode. The default key combination (first then last softkey) doesn't work :(

The issue with "GPS is not responding" I also had sometimes. Not in connection with pocket mode, but when tracking with display off.

I also mention a delay when using Compass View. The direction, speed and for example distance to next time is sometimes delayed.

PW5 is in my opinion a very good application, but not yet really reliable. So I often think about buying a Garmin-GPS :oops:

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:38 pm

Be sure you are using 5.00.33 or higher. The Compass Delay and navigating without tracking should be fixed now. If it is still a problem for you let me know.

For Pocket Mode, you can also use the left then right jog dial to exit.

BrTracker

Postby BrTracker » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:38 pm

Scott wrote:Be sure you are using 5.00.33 or higher. The Compass Delay and navigating without tracking should be fixed now. If it is still a problem for you let me know.

For Pocket Mode, you can also use the left then right jog dial to exit.

Hello Scott
I'm using ver 5.0.33

I dont have problems to exit pocket mode. In fact as I mentioned any activity makes it exit pocket mode.
But I noticed that "lock hardkeys" also doesn't work for me.

I wonder if the delay has someting to do with the log funcion itself

Return to “PathAway 5 PRO for Windows Mobile - Support”