What is Pinpoint?

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 5 PRO for Windows Mobile
steenkh

What is Pinpoint?

Postby steenkh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:23 pm

When editing a point, there is a button called "Pinpoint..." on the Location tab. What is the function of the button? It is not mentioned in the manual. There is also a box called "Samples" that in my case always shows "32". I believe it has some kind of connection with pinpointing, but I do not know what this means.
Last edited by steenkh on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steenkh

Postby steenkh » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Whoops, I placed this in the wrong forum. Please move it to the Pathaway Standard Edition forum. I have no idea how Pinpoint is described in the Pro manual.

Sorry for the confusion.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:45 am

PinPoint is for improving the accuracy of a point by taking multiple samples from the GPS and averaging them to come up with a more accurate location. You should remain still while capturing the samples.
The number of samples taken is determined by the "Samples" count. The default is 32.

steenkh

Postby steenkh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Scott wrote:PinPoint is for improving the accuracy of a point by taking multiple samples from the GPS and averaging them to come up with a more accurate location. You should remain still while capturing the samples.
The number of samples taken is determined by the "Samples" count. The default is 32.

Thank you! That sounds very useful!

When I am stationary, my GPS "dances" around my position, and the little arrow marking it spins like mad. It would actually be very useful if that arrow was turned into a circle for stationary situations.

Return to “PathAway 5 PRO for Windows Mobile - Support”