Can maps created for Pathaway 4 be used in Pathaway 5?

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 5 PRO for Windows Mobile
nateccnn

Can maps created for Pathaway 4 be used in Pathaway 5?

Postby nateccnn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:07 pm

I created and calibrated quite a few maps of Northern Nevada using Mpa Manager for Pahatawy 4. I just upgraded to Pathaway 5 professional. When I start Pathaway 5 pro it reads all the maps on my SD card and says iut is unable to recognize each one. Do they need to be converted? If so, is there a batch conversion to convert them all or do I need to do one at a time thropugh the map manager?

Thanks,

Nate

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:21 pm

No they should not need to be converted. All PathAway 4 maps are compatible with PathAway 5.

Can you please send me one so I can figure out what the problem is?

nateccnn

Postby nateccnn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:48 pm

How do I send them? Email? Need an address.

Also...just noticed that it is only certain maps giving me the error. Not all maps as I originally thought.

Nate

nateccnn

Postby nateccnn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:00 pm

OK...as I was copying files to send to you I noticed all the offending maps, when I copy them they end up being zero bytes in the destination. Maps that work, when I copy they end up being the correct file size. I think I got a bunch of corrupted files on my SD card. Let me try to fix this myself before wasting your time, Scott.

Nate

nateccnn

Postby nateccnn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:18 pm

I re-copied the offending files from my source and everything works fine now. You can delete this thread if you like.

Nate

Return to “PathAway 5 PRO for Windows Mobile - Support”