Problems with Pathaway 5 and Samsung Omnia

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 5 SE for Windows Mobile
Eckes

Problems with Pathaway 5 and Samsung Omnia

Postby Eckes » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Hello Everybody
I am using PW5 with WM 6.1 on my Samsung Omnia. In addition I am using GpsGate 2.6 to run the GPS with Blue Tooth Connection or via the built in GPS (Xtra).
I am using the program to watch my position in seamaps. Always ( sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after a few hours) the following occurs:
The position ( also the speed and the heading) is not updated anymore. Im am not shifting in the map anymore. I also don´t see the flickering in the symbols anymore. This situation can be dangerous on sea!
When I then use the stylus and shift the screen and wait for the 10 count down seconds everything is fine again.
When I touch the GPS-Symbol ( switch it off) and switch it on again the device crashes and I have to reset it.
The described problem occurs when I use the internal GPS and also with the Blue Tooth GPS.
I cannot live this malfunction.
Any ideas?? Storage? Baud rate? GpsGate ( I don´t have a problem, when I work with GpsGate and TomTom).

Thank you in advance and excuse my non-perfect English
Eckes

dwinters

PW5 and Samsung Omnia

Postby dwinters » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:41 pm

I recently purchased an Omnia 2 and it is doing much the same. Every time I use PW5 with the internal GPS the phone crashes after a few minutes. Most annoying.

I would also like a solutions to this problem.

:(

steenkh

Re: Problems with Pathaway 5 and Samsung Omnia

Postby steenkh » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:45 pm

Eckes wrote:When I touch the GPS-Symbol ( switch it off) and switch it on again the device crashes and I have to reset it.

I have an HTC P3470 and I do not have your problems, but I do have this phenomenon of a crash if I switch the GPS off and on via the GPS symbol.

First of all, the GPS is not switched off when I click the symbol, because the GPS LED is still blinking on the machine (the same happens if I exit the program), and if I reconnect, the program seems to work normally, except that it does no longer update the position, and after a while the program crashes completely.

I have found that switching the GPS off by using the menu command "Use GPS", the GPS switches off correctly, and there is no crash if I reconnect. I just have to remember to switch off the GPS beofre I exit the program.

Perhaps you should also experiment with the menu command?

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:22 pm

We have not yet found any problems with the software that could cause this. Please ensure that you have the latest Firmware update, and are running the latest version of PathAway.

If we are able to reproduce this, then we will provide a fix.

steenkh

Postby steenkh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:41 pm

Scott wrote:We have not yet found any problems with the software that could cause this. Please ensure that you have the latest Firmware update, and are running the latest version of PathAway.

I have both.

Fortunately, I have established how I can live with this, and I fully realise how difficult it is to test on all kinds of different hardware units. I do not expect you to find a P3470 in order to see if you can reproduce this on my type of machine. But keep the problem in mind in case you hear similar reports on other machines where you can reproduce the problem.

Return to “PathAway 5 SE for Windows Mobile - Support”