How to save options?

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 5 SE for Windows Mobile
steenkh

How to save options?

Postby steenkh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:14 pm

On my Pathaway GPS 5 on Windows mobile 6.1, I seem to have trouble saving certain options. I would prefer not to show the active track, but this is on every time I start the program and switch the GPS on.

I would also prefer not to get an alarm on proximity to a point, but this is also always switched on at start.

And finally, I have removed the check mark in "Show Text Menus", but it continues showing the text menus. I can, however, remove the corresponding check in the menu under View, and this works, but is also always on at start.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi, I tried all of these settings and they are retaining their settings for me when I exit and restart the program.

Are you exiting via the main menu "Exit" command?
I am using version 5.20

steenkh

Postby steenkh » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:07 pm

Scott wrote:Hi, I tried all of these settings and they are retaining their settings for me when I exit and restart the program.

Strange.

Are you exiting via the main menu "Exit" command?
I am using version 5.20

Yes, I am exiting with the "Exit" command.

My version is 5.20.69.

We will probably have to leave this issue for the time being, until some new facts appear.

steenkh

Postby steenkh » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:39 pm

New facts have appeared :)

Apparently I do not have this particular problem any more! This weekend I opened PathAway again and routinely changed the options to my liking, but later, after having closed the program, as I wanted to do it again, the options had not got reset to the default!

I have no idea why this has happened, but I am pleased.

I did have some other problems concerning switching the GPS on and off which I might write about after a closer scrutiny. I wonder if something here made my problem go away?

Return to “PathAway 5 SE for Windows Mobile - Support”