Map ZoomIn/Out doesn't work with too many maps

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 5 SE for Windows Mobile
relloz

Map ZoomIn/Out doesn't work with too many maps

Postby relloz » Sun May 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi,

in PW4 the _two_ buttons "Map ZoomIn/Out" where among my most used controls.

In PW5 there is only one button left, which opens a menu (list), where I find the right map or ZoomIn/ZoomOut ... when I'm lucky. This looks like one click more on the first glance, but...

I have a new HTC HD2 with 16GB SD-Card. I was so excited about the abundant memory, that I stuffed all my maps (*.prc) in.

The consequence: At some geographic positions the above mentioned menu becomes very long, but (surprise!) it doesn't have all the maps any more, which are available for that position (the list seems to be limited to something like 15 entries!?).

Even worse: the list doesn't contain any more the entries ZoomIn/Out, that's really bad! This means, that I cannot get each map I want (except using other workarounds)!

I assume, I can solve this problem, in organizing my maps into folders and/or disable part of the maps, but that's really tedious.

What I would wish to have as a minimum:

ZoomIn/Out should be _always_ available and be easily accessible without scolling in the list.

Or is there someting I've misunderstood?

Regards

Werner

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Wed May 19, 2010 5:20 pm

We'll do some tests and resolve this issue. I wasn't aware of a limitation on the menu size.

relloz

Postby relloz » Sat May 29, 2010 3:20 pm

When can I hope this to be fixed? I would appreciate it very much, if you could do this soon! Now I prefer to use PW 4 because of this issue.

It's a shame, isn't it!?

I would even like it more, if you could "re-invent" the old two buttons "Zoom to larger/smaller Map" (maybe sacrificing the buttons "Zoom this map larger/smaller", which I hardly use.

On the HTC HD2 I see no possibility to use hardware buttons for this function: there aren't very many.

Thank you in advance

Werner

relloz

Postby relloz » Sun May 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi!

I would even like it more, if you could "re-invent" the old two (square) buttons "Zoom to larger/smaller Map" (maybe sacrificing the (round) buttons "Zoom this map larger/smaller", which I hardly use.

My latest findings (or hypotheses):

It seems, that the WindowsMobile version of PM5 has the two round +/- buttons to stretch the current map (rarely very useful IMHO), while the Symbian Version has the two square +/i buttons, which move to the next/previous map with a different scale, right?

If the WindowsMobile version for WM6.5 would support the two-finger-stretch to enlarge the current map, there would be even less need for the two round buttons and you could instead come back to the two square ones.

That would be a great improvement!!!

Werner

Return to “PathAway 5 SE for Windows Mobile - Support”