PathAwayDBV.cdb reached max filesize!!

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 5 SE for Windows Mobile
BF68

PathAwayDBV.cdb reached max filesize!!

Postby BF68 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi All,

During my last vacation (cycled from Prague to Travemuende) where I tracked my way with PA 5.0SE it happened to me that my PathAwayDBV.cdb reached the filesize of 16,0MB.

PA reported an error that it could not access a file and after moving the above mentioned file somewhere lese it worked again.

I assume there is a file size limit of 16,0MB on WM 5.0 (Loox N560).

I guess the file PathAwayDBV.cdb contains the tracklogs and that's the reason why the file reached the file size limit.

No to my questions:
1) Are my assumptions right so far?
2) Is there a PC tool to extract the tracks from the 16,0MB file?
3) Any other idea how I could get access to the track logs stored before the crash?

I'm looking forward to your responses.

Best regards

Bernhard

BF68

Seems to be solved

Postby BF68 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi All,

The issue seems to be solved already!

I tried to use the PA Data Transfer Utility and it seems to be capable to access the file on my PDA and extract the tracks to my local computer.

Best regards

Bernhard

zamzon

Re: Seems to be solved

Postby zamzon » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:01 am

BF68 wrote:the PA Data Transfer Utility and it seems to be capable to access the file on my PDA and extract the tracks to my local computer.

when moving the tracks to PC, the export is successfull, but not the deletion of the moved tracks. Are you sure, that it worked for you? Did you check the size of the PathAwayDBV.cdb file before and after the transfer?

Thomas.

Return to “PathAway 5 SE for Windows Mobile - Support”