PW 5.56.04, All Maps must be in one folder?

Questions and problems
relloz

PW 5.56.04, All Maps must be in one folder?

Postby relloz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi,

I've been using PW on WM for years, and I liked it very much, to be able to put my maps (I have far more than a thousand) in different folders and en-/disable these folders as needed.

This Android version expects to have all maps in one single folder?

Will this feature be added in near future?

Would be great!

Werner

relloz

Postby relloz » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:24 pm

I still have to handle all of my maps in one folder, which is not very nice.

When do you expect to add this feature?

Anxiously waiting

Werner

motorang

Postby motorang » Wed May 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi Scott,
I also would be VERY happy with an option like that - and the possibility to enable complete folders or not. My Android version only allows for importing single files, which is a pain when you handle a lot of tiles ...

Thanks so much,
Andy

motorang

Postby motorang » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:51 pm

OK, since nothing is happening here, I am doing it this way now:

I have a MAPS directory on the SD card and store all my maps there in their directories for country, map type and so forth.

Whatever country I am in, or map I need, I just use ES Data Explorer (or total commander or whatnot) and COPY the prc files I nedd to the /Pathaway directory where Pathaway will find them and load them. Same for Routes, Tracks etc.

Which keeps Pathaway slim and fast, and I just delete all the maps there when I do not need them any more, and copy others into the Pathaway directory.

It helps if the prc files have good file names, so you know what to copy/delete. I usually put at least the country name and the scale in it.

Andy

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Note that multiple customizable folder locations is available now in PathAway PRO for Android. Available as an upgrade on http://pathaway.com or In-App purchase on Google Play store.
Last edited by Scott on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zamzon

Postby zamzon » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:06 am

Dear Scott,

Is the "multiple customizable folder" for maps option available now for the Express Edition (as promised)?

If you are not going to implement it, what paths are checked to find any external storage and possibly a pathaway folder containing maps?

/storage/sdcard1 //!< Motorola Xoom
/storage/extsdcard //!< Samsung SGS3
/mnt/extsdcard
/mnt/sdcard/external_sd //!< Samsung galaxy family
/mnt/external_sd
/mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 //!< 4.4.2 on CyanogenMod S3
/removable/microsd //!< Asus transformer prime
/mnt/emmc
/storage/external_SD //!< LG
/storage/ext_sd //!< HTC One Max
/storage/removable/sdcard1 //!< Sony Xperia Z1
/data/sdext
/data/sdext2
/data/sdext3
/data/sdext4

Thank you.

Thomas

zamzon

That's fair?

Postby zamzon » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:28 pm

Hello?? Anybody home??? I asked something..

The answer seems: no and none. Even in the latest version it neither seems possible to select the (one!) folder with the maps, nor does a PathAway folder in external SD card gets found (neither /ext_card/PathAway nor /sdcard1/Path/way)

This means:

You really want me to buy again an option I have already bought THREE times: I have bought two times the WM version of PathaAway (where it is possible to have several paths to the maps and also freely configure it even in the std. version). And than I have bought the Android version matching the std. WM one (right, not the professional version), but you promised this feature for the the express version, too (in the thread someone obviously deleted, where you admitted, that the implementation took way to long, after I asked for it). Now you finally have implemented it and now you want me to buy the professional version? Do you really think this is fair?
Don't get me wrong, the price for the update is acceptable, but I never needed the features of the professional version (Remote Tracking, etc.). And I also don't like to be fooled.

It can't be so difficult to provide a registry key to (let me) set the path (to the external SD card).

I simply wait for several years now to be able to use the external SD card.

Thomas

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:11 pm

We'll review the default folders that Express Edition looks for by default and update them to the latest.

It is our goal to keep the Express Edition as simple as possible, and have the advanced features in the Professional Edition. I hear that you feel its important to have folder registration in the Express Edition, and we will consider adding it.

Meanwhile the Professional Edition has the Folder Registration support in it.

zamzon

path to external SD

Postby zamzon » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:58 am

Thanks a lot!

The above mentioned paths to the external SD card:
    /ext_card/..
    /sdcard1/..

are valid alternatives to /storage/sdcard1 on a Sony Xperia Z Ultra with Android 4.3.

The other list above I found on the internet.

I am sure the (automatic) support for external SD card will help a lot of users.

Thank you.

Z.

boal

External storage card

Postby boal » Fri May 15, 2015 8:43 pm

I have PathAway Pro 6-01.06.00 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4.

I is still not possible for PathAway to recognise map files from the external sd card. The internal sd has not room for all map files.

When will it be possible?

Ulmer.Spatz

Postby Ulmer.Spatz » Tue May 19, 2015 1:48 am

I have TAB S 8.4 LTE with Android 5.02 and PW 6.01.06.00 PRO.
It is possible , and I'm doing it for some time .

.......For those with a large number of Maps to manage. PathAway PRO allows the selection of any folder on the internal or external sdcard to be used for storing and retrieving maps.
Last edited by Ulmer.Spatz on Wed May 20, 2015 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue May 19, 2015 3:34 am

The folders to load map files from can be set in the "Settings-Folders" dialog.

Return to “PathAway for Android - Support”