tomtom gps bluetooth

Questions and problems regarding connecting GPS Receivers.

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

wkambeck

tomtom gps bluetooth

Postby wkambeck » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:07 am

I would like to use above GPS "mouse" on my Ipaq 4150. Trial version PathAway GPS 3 offers ports 1,2,3,5,8,9 none of which works. I also use tomtom navigator and have disabled GPS in this program.
Can anybody help? Thank you for trying!

Wilfried

Re: tomtom gps bluetooth

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:47 pm

wkambeck wrote:I would like to use above GPS "mouse" on my Ipaq 4150. Trial version PathAway GPS 3 offers ports 1,2,3,5,8,9 none of which works. I also use tomtom navigator and have disabled GPS in this program.
[...]
Wilfried

Thanks for checking and posting this. I would like to go back to Pathaway (I used it on Palm in its 1st version.), and was about to run the same experiment as yours with the trial version for PPC.

It seems that TomTom driver blocks COM6: and COM7: which is how the PPC communicates with the Bluetooth GPS.

My workaround (very unprofessional) is to have two software setups using Ipaq Backup to SD card: one with TT, one without and restoring them as required. Very messy as far as new installs and Outlook syncs are concerned, as any change requires a hard reset and reinstalls.

The solution published elsewhere is dated (Nov.04) and I am probably not brave enough to try it.

It would be useful to be able to use Pathaway along with other popular navigation software.

We can only ask Scott ... :wink:

Best of luck,

W.

Return to “GPS Receiver Support”