PathAway Support Forum Index PathAway Support
Discussion board for PathAway for Mobile Handheld Devices

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comm problems through iQue HotSync cradle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> SoftMap and PathAway
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b_mclarty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Comm problems through iQue HotSync cradle Reply with quote

I cannot seem to get Pathaway to communicate with Softmap. I have collected field data (waypoints and tracks) with Pathaway on my Garmin iQue and would like to download this data to Softmap on my laptop. I have configured both to communicate with each other (I think) and when I try to select the iQue as my GPS receiver in Softmap says that the connection with the GPS receiver has failed. I am attempting to connect the devices through the HotSync cradle that came with the iQue.

Can anyone offer some suggestions on how to get the two devices to talk to one another?

Thanks in advance,
Barry McLarty
macnetz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Comm problems through iQue HotSync cradle Reply with quote

b_mclarty wrote:
Can anyone offer some suggestions on how to get the two devices to talk to one another?
Hi Barry,

AFAIK no mapping program for Garmin GPSR can use a direct connection to the iQue - because it's a Palm PDA (or Windows PPC). You have to store the data in files, transfer the files via HotSync or card reader and import the files to your PC program.

hth - Anton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> SoftMap and PathAway All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: