Problem with zoom

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile

Moderator: Scott

Birdman

Problem with zoom

Postby Birdman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:20 pm

Hi there;

I am using the German PathAway version (4.00.78) distributed by TTQV and have a problem when an automatic map change occurs:
when zooming into a map while connected to the GPS device PA will zoom to "normal" mode as soon as the map is changed automatically. This is a bit annoying when traveling a curved street at the edge of two maps.
When zoomed in and without a GPS connection moving from the end of one map to the beginning of the next one (both same scale!) will not automatically open the next map of the same scale but an overview map of the area (which is also installed). The box for automatic map change is marked. When doing this in the normal zoom mode the automatic change to the next map (same scale) will work perfectly.

Anything wrong with my settings?

Birdman

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:05 am

Hi,
We'll try to reproduce this issue. I assume you by "Normal Zoom" that the map is at 100% scale, and "Zoomed in" is "Zoom Scaled In".
Correct?

TheSnake

Postby TheSnake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:52 pm

I have experienced this since at least 2006, see this topic...

http://www.pathaway.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=473

...but for such a fundamental problem to; (a) not be fixed, and (b) only be noticed by a handful of people, I presume it only affects certain hardware and we just have to live with it. :(

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:29 am

Scott wrote: "Normal Zoom" that the map is at 100% scale, and "Zoomed in" is "Zoom Scaled In".
Correct?

Correct.

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - Support”