PathAway Support Forum Index PathAway Support
Discussion board for PathAway for Mobile Handheld Devices

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selectable softkeys for HTC TyTN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway PRO for Windows Mobile - Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpgrohn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Selectable softkeys for HTC TyTN Reply with quote

HTC TyTN have only two softkeys.

I suggest, that if it is possible, they should be programmable for different modes.

Now Letf soft-key opens: Exit - Goto - Options - Remote - Screen - View - GPS . Right soft-key opens: Map Zoom in - Map Zoom out - Scale Zoom in - Scale Zoom - out etc.

Now, when I push soft-key button, the default selection on left is Exit and right it is Map Zoom In.

I hope, that I could define, default place for selection(cursor) in menu, when I push those button.

So that left selection could be other than Exit. I hope, that I could chance it be like 'Screens'. Then second push left button would open that Screens menu for selection (second push same button acts like enter). And it would be nice, that I could define also sub-menu default cursor place (like next screen selection)

And same to right software button: First push opens menu view, but I have selected default cursor place 'Add points...' , next push opens Add points... and third push works like enter.

I hope that You understand what I mean.

Jukka-Pekka Gröhn
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hard keys can be configured in the Options/Preferences/Hard Keys dialog.
passaro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Scott,

let me give one idea, may be for version 5. Open and select a menu item is not very pratical if you are driving a bicyclette or other vehicle with strong vibration. Yes, I can setup 4 hard buttons on my HTC TyTN but most times they are not enough.

I noticed that a short screen tap event seems not used in Pathaway. Why not use this event to display a screen with six large soft buttons/icons with the preferred functions of the user, plus a cancel button and eventually a next page button? (Some inspiration from Tomtom) The selection of buttons could be different for each screen view, thus enhancing the useability of the program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway PRO for Windows Mobile - Suggestions All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: