PathAway Support Forum Index PathAway Support
Discussion board for PathAway for Mobile Handheld Devices

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motorola q9h Support?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crshman

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Motorola q9h Support? Reply with quote

Hello,

I wanted to know if this application supports the Motorola q9h (ATT Motorola Global).

I am running the trial, and I can't seem to be able to get PathAway to talk to the GPS module in my phone. Any ideas?
buzz

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Motorola q9h Support? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the Q9c, so your software could be a little different. I had to start PathAway program, click left menu button, click GPS, click "Configure GPS...", change the first item in the list to "Windows Mobile GPS". You may need to check the box for "Auto Detect". Then click OK, and from the same menus as before select "Connect GPS" and then wait about 1-4 minutes for it to acquire a fix. Good luck!

--buzz
crshman

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Buzz,

Thanks for the reply!

I have tried this, but I don't think PathAway is talking to the GPS receiver, let along getting a lock. I know when I used a BT receiver there is a little bar at the bottom that shows the stream of data between the BT receiver and the phone.

However, when using the internal GPS this bar stays blank/empty, I'm not sure how accurate that is for testing/debugging though. Sad
buzz

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Motorola q9h Support? Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, but mine does show the number of bars on the "dashboard" increasing/decreasing, so guess yours isn't connecting for some reason. I did not have to configure anything in Windows to get this to work. By the way, does your GPS work with Google Maps for Mobile installed and with GPS turned on?

--buzz
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the utility at this link:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=263776&pid=869714&mode=threaded&start=

PathAway should be set to "Windows Mobile GPS" protocol.
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full settings:
The Settings.exe program should be set to:
Program Port to Com4,
Baud to 4800,
Turn ON “Manage Automatically”

We've had some cases where "Windows Mobile GPS" protocol does not work.
In this case set to:
Protocol: NMEA
Port: Com4:
Baud: 4800
In the "Advanced" section, turn "Timer Comm" ON
crshman

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I have tried using this utility and various settings (including those posted) and I still can't get PathAway to see the GPS unit.

I have tested this with GPSTest and that application sees all the satellites and establishes a GPS location.
crshman

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Motorola q9h Support? Reply with quote

buzz wrote:
Sorry to hear that, but mine does show the number of bars on the "dashboard" increasing/decreasing, so guess yours isn't connecting for some reason. I did not have to configure anything in Windows to get this to work. By the way, does your GPS work with Google Maps for Mobile installed and with GPS turned on?

--buzz

Hey Buzz,

Yes, my gps works perfectly with Google Maps, Garmin Mobile XT, and GPSTest
buzz

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Motorola q9h Support? Reply with quote

GPSTest will not run/autoconfigure on my Q9c, but Google Maps w/GPS does, and so does PathAway (although with some problems). I guess Google Maps wins the compatibility contest!
--buzz
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz - What problems are you having with PathAway?

crshman - Did you try the "Timer Comm" setting? That's what did the trick for our Q9H here. (NMEA, Com4, 4800) with GPSID (COM4, 4800, Manage Automatically)
crshman

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Yes I did try the timer settings on both com3 and com4. Small caveat, if I use com4 the data on my phone stops working =(

Not sure what's going on, but hopefully I can figure this out....this is an invaluable app from what I see Very Happy

--EDIT--

I did a master clear on my phone, installed the GPSID app and installed Pathaway and all seems to be working.

I'm using Com3, 19200 Baud, Timer Com, Manage Automatically
buzz

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Lingering problems Reply with quote

crhsman, glad to hear you are up and running now!

Scott asked:
Buzz - What problems are you having with PathAway?

The most serious problem I'm having is with the empty message boxes that appear to lock everthing up for 45 seconds every 1.5 minutes. (I've added that problem as a separate thread).

--buzz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - Support All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: