Fixed: Garmin Mobile XT is crashing PathAway

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 3 for Palm OS

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

dkrabbe

Fixed: Garmin Mobile XT is crashing PathAway

Postby dkrabbe » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:42 am

Hello support team.

I did the update from "Garmin Ique" to "Garmin Mobile XT" and after this update, is impossible to exit PathAway without "crashing it" (of course that I will also post this problem on Garmin Forum). My objective is to have the "best of both worlds".

To try to best understand the problem and to share more information, I did the hard reset on my Palm TX and I just did the PathAway installation. Perfect and no problem found. Then I did the Garmin Mobile XT installation. After this installation, any function that I want to use with an objective to exit PathAway, crash its (auto reset)'.

The other one Palm softwares that I have on it, still running without problem.

Best Regards and thanks in advance

Daniel Krabbe

Brazil

abecdd

same issue here

Postby abecdd » Fri May 09, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi,

just want to second this issue. I have the exact same appearance here on my TX. Hardreset, install Garmin Mobile XT, install Pathaway --> PW crashes whenever I exit it.

Is there any known fix for this issue?

Regards
Axel

lipor

Possible Fix

Postby lipor » Mon May 26, 2008 10:29 pm

The crash with Garmin Mobile XT may be fixed in release 4.00.84 released in May 22... well, now in pre-release state. Just be patient :wink:

http://www.pathaway.com/prerelease4/PWPalmOS.html

Thanks to the Support Team/Programmers, you never let us down :)

Excuse my English. Saludos from Mexico :D

PS Please move to the Pathaway GPS 4 ST for palm support thread, where it may be more relevant.

:wink:

abecdd

Postby abecdd » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:09 pm

Confirmed! Problem solved with 4.084.

wac

Fantastic

Postby wac » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:28 am

I too had problems with Pathaway 4.00.76 and 4.00.82 after installing Garmin Mobile XT. It was so bad that PW would just about crash at random, in addition to always crashing on exit.

Thankfully, 4.00.84 fixed it all, and it's now very stable with no crashes yet. All I did was copy the new .prc file over, and perform a reset to get it to talk to my BT GPS receiver again. Good job, developers!

-WaC

Return to “PathAway for Palm OS - Support”