PathAway Support Forum Index PathAway Support
Discussion board for PathAway for Mobile Handheld Devices

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to run Map Manager after fresh download

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway Map Manager
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therock112

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Unable to run Map Manager after fresh download Reply with quote

Hello,

I just purchased the pathaway 5 for windows mobile.

I downloaded and installed the desktop version of map manager, and after installing the app, the map manager nor icon manager would start, they give an error of "pwmapmanen.dll not found. Please reinstall the software and try again. Error Code : 14001"

so guess what, I uninstalled and reboot the pc and reinstall, same error.

I am runnig windows xp pro, sp2.

I need to do some work the the map manager, hoping to import an jpeg into the windows mobile device....

thanks.
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the file PWMapManEN.dll there in the \Program Files\PathAway GPS 5\ folder?

This is working for me.
therock112

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Is the file PWMapManEN.dll there in the \Program Files\PathAway GPS 5\ folder?

This is working for me.

yes the actual file is there in the above specific path location.....and when I uninstall the app, the file is no longer there.....

so doing a second reinstall, the file appears but I get the same error when I attempt to launch the Map manager.

I even attempted to do a "regsvr32 PWMapManEN.dll" in the hopes that perhaps the installer software did not register the dll correctly, but I end up getting the following error when I did that:

"Loadlibrary("PWMapManEn.dll") failed - This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling this application may fix this problem."

I am not sure why it wont register, perhaps I am not passing all of the required parameters it needs or there is another type of problem......

anyways, any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

If a seperate standalone exe file is available to just install the map manager, that would be helpful....

thx
alaskaflyer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Map manager, pwmapen.dll Reply with quote

Has anything been resolved on this issue as I have the same problem. The file is in the correct directory but when trying to open Map Manager after a fresh install, I get an error message saying "PWMapEN.dll not found"
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the latest version of the program. We made some modifications to the program and have not heard that anyone has problems with it now. Please try the latest build and let me know.
ahae

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I installed PCTools and it worked first (netbook with winXP).
But then I got the error:
"PWMapManEN.dll not found. Please re-install the software and try again. Error code: 126"
The file is however in the directory.
Then I tried to install the latest version, but I still get the same error and can't run MapManager any longer.
Any solution?
Thanks,
Andreas

Scott wrote:
Have you tried the latest version of the program. We made some modifications to the program and have not heard that anyone has problems with it now. Please try the latest build and let me know.
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Occasionally, some users run into this problem. We have not resolved why. There is a version of Map Manager that will work at http://pathaway.com/apps5tools/MTech/English/PathAwayMapManagerNoDLL.zip

Install the regular program, then copy this executable over top of the current one. Default location is C:\Program Files\PathAway GPS 5
ahae

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, thank you very much, this works now again!
Best regards,
Andreas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway Map Manager All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: