GPS Discovery on T5

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 3 for Palm OS

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

Stuart

GPS Discovery on T5

Postby Stuart » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:39 am

Hi folks,

I've been using Pathaway for some months on a Tungsten T2, in the car and on walks. When walking I have been able to keep the device in a waterproof case with a plastic screen cover and start Pathaway / connect to BT GPS using buttons only. When the discovery screen finds the GPS I could scroll with the scroll down button and select the device. Now my T2 is deceased, and on my new T5 everything seems great except that the scroll down button does not allow me to highlight the device - it just cycles round the on-screen buttons. That means I have to touch the screen to select, so my solution for protecting the screen within a waterproof case doesn't work.

I realise this inability to select with the keys is probably an OS5.4 feature rather than a PW one, but does anyone know if there's some setting or utility I could use to enable me to select the device to connect to using keys alone? Or even better, have PW connect to the trusted GPS without going through the discovery screen every time?

Thanks.

Stuart

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:49 am

Hi,
PathAway 4 will have the ability to remember the last used Bluetooth GPS. It will be shipped very soon.

Return to “PathAway for Palm OS - Support”