Pathaway on Android OS

Enter general ideas or complaints to be considered for future versions.

Moderators: Scott, PathAway

abecdd

Postby abecdd » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:51 pm

I'm still on WM6.5 planning to switch to Android within the next months. I already found a program called Locus. Probably this could be an alternative solution until PW is available.

goletto

Android

Postby goletto » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:16 pm

abecdd wrote:I'm still on WM6.5 planning to switch to Android within the next months. I already found a program called Locus. Probably this could be an alternative solution until PW is available.

But you should anyway not expect that an Android Version will be comparable to PW 5 for Windows. Just compare what you can do with PW 5 for Windows and what you can do with the iPhone-Version.
Of course there is also a big difference in the price.

Regards

goletto

Mottek

Postby Mottek » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:46 am

Scott wrote:We're evaluating the Android platform now. It is a top priority for us.

Any news from PathAway on Android?

Or must I look for an other software?

Mottek

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:33 am

Sorry for the long delay on PathAway for Android. It is getting very close now.

lynbech

Android version?

Postby lynbech » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Scott wrote:Sorry for the long delay on PathAway for Android. It is getting very close now.

Are you closing in on a date for an Android release?

Kindest,
Klaus

sanfordturbo

Can't wait

Postby sanfordturbo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:29 pm

I too am waiting for this product to be available for Android. I have upgraded from a windows mobile phone to a new Android. The only thing i regret from switching to Android about, is the lack of pathaway!!!

mikrod

Re: Can't wait

Postby mikrod » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:19 pm

sanfordturbo wrote:I too am waiting for this product to be available for Android. I have upgraded from a windows mobile phone to a new Android. The only thing i regret from switching to Android about, is the lack of pathaway!!!

Hi,
My biggest hesitation of switching to Android was also, as others stated above, PathAway. However, I found Orux Maps (http://www.oruxmaps.com) which is a free (as in not even any ads) App that does everything that I used PathAway for. And then it has a bunch of other really cool features such as making offline maps out of online maps (and one can chose between dozens of map providers, not just Google). You can see statistics on your recorded tracks, etc etc. I have not looked back since I started using it.

Sorry PathAway, I really enjoyed our time together but I'm in love with someone else. Hope we still can be fiends...

All the best,
MikRod

neldot

Postby neldot » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:40 pm

After the drop of WebOs by HP, I've recently bought a powerful Android phone (Samsung GTI 9100), with a good built-in gps, but I'm still using Pathaway on my Nokia and my Palm phones for hiking, because at the moment there is really nothing for Android that compares to Pathaway, and because I have a lot of calibrated maps made in the last years.

Then, I'm eager to pay for my third license (isn't it a record?), if the Android release of this program is coming really soon. Any news?

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:57 am

Android Beta Pre-release has just been released to testers. The full release is now "truly" only weeks away.

We still have some room for beta testers, so contact PathAway support at http://pathaway.com/contact.htm if you would like to assist in the testing.

wulf

Android

Postby wulf » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Hi Scott,
android version of pathway in 2011? is that project still in time?

:o
Best regards
Wulf

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:15 am

We're in the final stages of the release. Week of Nov 7th is the current launch target.

Scott
Site Admin

PathAway for Android Express Edition Released!

Postby Scott » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:47 am

PathAway for Android Smartphones and tablets has finally been released.

See at http://pathaway.com/PWAndroid.htm for all the details.

Return to “General Suggestions”