Pathaway to Softmap tracks

Discussion regarding the use of PathAway in conjunction with SoftMap.

Moderator: Scott

Pathaway to Softmap tracks

Postby Tom » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:18 pm

I am using a Handspring Visor and Magellan GPS Companion with Pathaway 3. On my computer, I am using Softmap Plus with the GPS add on. I have no problem at all creating maps or routes in Softmap and transferring them to the Palm device. However, I have been unsuccessful in transfering track files from my Palm device into Softmap.

I understand that the current Pathaway interface does not allow direct transfer of these files. My PDA does not have a card slot, so I have taken the backup .pdb files stored on my computer and tried to import them into Softmap with no luck. I then tried to convert them to a format readable by Softmap, no success. This was done using the Pathaway Conversion tool as well as other programs such as GPSBabel. When importing the files into Softmap, they either did not import or they created a track empty of data.

Any ideas for transferring tracks into softmap would be appreciated.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:11 am

I found a blank data to after transfering a file with GPSBabel. I did not when using GPsUtility (v. 4.15) to transfer .pdb in MapSourcefile, then transfering it in a .csv format with G7toWin (free program).
It is not a very elegant way but that does the work.

coureur des bois

Postby coureur des bois » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:15 am

I did the preceding post.
I want to complete:
I made an excel page to visualise the multiple transfer of track files in my personnal web site. I hope it will be usefull

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:05 pm

Just for the record... which is the OS version on your Handspring ? I was under the impression that the Visor was 3.0.1H and that pathaway needed 3.5 as a minimum :?

I have an Visor with 3.0.1H and a Magellan GPS Companion, does this mean I can use Pathaway 3 on it ?

Handspring Visor

Postby Tom » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:34 am

The handspring visor I have is the prism model. It is a colour PDA and uses OS 3.5. I had to upgrade to this model when I purchased the Pathaway software a couple of years ago. It works very well with pathaway. I have found the visor and gps companion to be a very hardy package that has taken alot of abuse.

Return to “SoftMap and PathAway”