PathAway Support Forum Index PathAway Support
Discussion board for PathAway for Mobile Handheld Devices

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manual Tracking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway PRO for Windows Mobile - Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
passaro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Manual Tracking Reply with quote

Hello Scott,

I found that the automatic track logging, although very convinient in many cases, normally requires some later editing to transform them in a usable and compact route. If I am tracking with short intervals, there are segments with a lot of points without added value. I am tracking with longer intervals, then I might miss precise turning points. And at least I have to edit some points to make them Turn Instructions.

So I tought one possibility is to have a manual tracking option. I believe it could be a fairly simply implementation, at least you would have to create the menu itens under Tracking Menu:
Add track point
Add track turning instruction

For better availability, these options should be possible to assign to hardkeys. And there could be an option in preferences under Tracking tab for Manual record only.

This way it is possible to build a track that has exactly the points needed and with minimum later editing. I know it requires some "work" during the aquisition, but the points selected build the track are decided by the user, not by the machine.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Daniel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway PRO for Windows Mobile - Suggestions All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: