4.00.nn Dashboard Problems (still...)

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile

Moderator: Scott

TheSnake

4.00.nn Dashboard Problems (still...)

Postby TheSnake » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:56 am

Hi Scott, I've just installed 4.00.79 to see if it solves my long running (at least since 4.00.48 ) dashboard problems, but unfortunately not :(

These are the easiest steps to reproduce the bug, and it occurs each and every time.

Things to Set-up
------------------
1. Alarm preferences: 'Proximity to point approaching alarm' set to 0.01km
2. Lower left corner Dashboard widget set to display: Tracking Info -> Location Coordinates
3. A defined point within a short distance of the current position.

Procedure
----------
1. Start GPRS & PathAway
2. Tap GPS icon
3. At route prompt, select 'No Route', OK
4. Lat/Lon displays in the Lower Left widget
5. Walk towards the defined point
6. When <10m away, the proximity alarm beeps and Lower left corner widget starts to display information as if it were Tracking Info -> Proximity, and thereafter does not revert back to Location Co-ordinates (even when out of proximity range) unless the GPS input is stopped and restarted.

Surely this is not the expected behaviour, or there would be no need for a separate Tracking Info -> Proximity selection.

I've also noticed that the little handles that you tap to activate the widgets, often disappear when tapped, without the widget appearing, and some handles are frustratingly difficult to activate (and I've tried readjusting my screen).

If you get a chance to reproduce my steps, it would be nice to know if it is just me, or a problem also seen by others. Or doesn't anyone use the dashboard widgets!?

TS

TheSnake

Postby TheSnake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:45 pm

I see I'm on my own with this bug then :cry: :cry:

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:42 pm

Hi,
We have reproduced the proximity problem, as well as the disappearing dash handles. They will be fixed very soon.

TheSnake

Postby TheSnake » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:34 pm

Thanks Scott, much appreciated. I'll look out for those mods in the release notes :wink:

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - Support”