PathAway Support Forum Index PathAway Support
Discussion board for PathAway for Mobile Handheld Devices

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exporting from Fugawi to Pathaway failing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin kemp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Exporting from Fugawi to Pathaway failing Reply with quote

I've been exporting files from Fugawi for years and now I get a "Pathaway is currently running on the PDA. Please exit PathAway on the PDA.

Any no PathAway is not running on the PDA. Just for grins I tried with PathAway running and I get the same message.

I get this error whether I'm trying to export data or maps. I tested the PathAway Data Transfer Utility and it works fine. So, for some reason Fugawi is confused. Is there something I can do to fix this?

BTW, is there another program besides Fugawi that works well with PathAway. I don't mind using your utilities to do the export to the PDA. I'm just sick of all of Fugawi's bugs. Actually, Fugawi is not bad in general but is exporting features for PathAway are terrible.
Kevin kemp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info...

I'm running 4.0.0.82. I just installed build 72 from the Fugawi app and now both builds are on there and it works.

Confused
Kevin kemp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since nobody ever replys here but plenty of people read it, I guess I'll say the apparent solution is to get Touratec QV. Unfortunately it's way too expensive, so I guess I'll just suffer. I'm almost ready to write my own software.

Rolling Eyes
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please address this issue with Fugawi support.
Our Map transfer DLL does not have a feature to return whether PathAway is running or not.
Kevin kemp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do that. BTW, it seems all my problems are do with Fugawi. I've already proven Pathaway to be rock solid. The TourtechQV demo works with Pathaway like a dream as do the PathAway utilities. I can't understand why Fugawi has done such a miserable job of intefacing to your APIs. Anyway, I will be contacting them.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - Support All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: