Exporting from Fugawi to Pathaway failing

Forum for questions and problems regarding PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile

Moderator: Scott

Kevin kemp

Exporting from Fugawi to Pathaway failing

Postby Kevin kemp » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:05 am

I've been exporting files from Fugawi for years and now I get a "Pathaway is currently running on the PDA. Please exit PathAway on the PDA.

Any no PathAway is not running on the PDA. Just for grins I tried with PathAway running and I get the same message.

I get this error whether I'm trying to export data or maps. I tested the PathAway Data Transfer Utility and it works fine. So, for some reason Fugawi is confused. Is there something I can do to fix this?

BTW, is there another program besides Fugawi that works well with PathAway. I don't mind using your utilities to do the export to the PDA. I'm just sick of all of Fugawi's bugs. Actually, Fugawi is not bad in general but is exporting features for PathAway are terrible.

Kevin kemp

Postby Kevin kemp » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:32 am

More info...

I'm running 4.0.0.82. I just installed build 72 from the Fugawi app and now both builds are on there and it works.

:?

Kevin kemp

Postby Kevin kemp » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:51 am

Since nobody ever replys here but plenty of people read it, I guess I'll say the apparent solution is to get Touratec QV. Unfortunately it's way too expensive, so I guess I'll just suffer. I'm almost ready to write my own software.

:roll:

Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:10 am

Please address this issue with Fugawi support.
Our Map transfer DLL does not have a feature to return whether PathAway is running or not.

Kevin kemp

Postby Kevin kemp » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:24 pm

I'll do that. BTW, it seems all my problems are do with Fugawi. I've already proven Pathaway to be rock solid. The TourtechQV demo works with Pathaway like a dream as do the PathAway utilities. I can't understand why Fugawi has done such a miserable job of intefacing to your APIs. Anyway, I will be contacting them.

Thanks.

Return to “PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - Support”