Here's a list of some of the new features:
- New Transparent Dashboard. See the entire map even with a loaded set of Dashboard items.
- New "Finger Touch" UI. Uses icon based drill down menus. Main navigation screen is always live while the transparent menu options are displayed. This is to allow the user to choose menu options while on the move and still see where they are going.
- Profile View: Elevation and Speed Profile of current Route.
Increased performance and better responsiveiness- Fast screen refresh with background data processing. No need to wait for screen refreshes.
Scale Zoom In and Out: More responsive Zoom In and Out. More zoom increment levels.
- Dashboard; Item Hide/Show now just hides the item (doesn't remove it completely, so you can simply "Show" it when you need to)
Dashboard XXL Font.
- More Dashboard stats like Time/Dist (useful for timing sports and training activities, ie. 5 min per km).
- Trip Management. Keep your Tracks, Points and Routes together for a specific Trip. Especially useful for Importing and Exporting GPX or KML files. Create Trips, Drag and drop Routes, Tracks, Point databases into a Trip file.
- Start New Trip Wizard: Step by step setup of a trip configuration. Select and existing "Trip" to use or create a new one, choose route or track to follow, and setup track logging configuration.
Favorites Options for "Finger Touch" UI. Can Add any item to Favorites menu.
- Point Info is now Html based. Basic info is implemented now. Richer formats will be added including imported html from GPX files.
- More Compressed Maps: Create 8-bit maps using a customized color palette. Now create highly compressed maps without losing color quality.
- Track and Route Info showing, total distance, time, and area.
- Tracks/Routes/Point DB/Maps - Supports "Multiple Select" for Delete, Move To... commands.
- "Add Point To Track" and "Add Turn To Track" added as options for Hard Keys.
- New Grid Coordinates: MGRS, Swedish SWEREF99TM, Swiss CHRREF95, CH1903,Warschauer.
- Pocket Mode Preferences options. Now there is an option to keep the screen on with the keys locked so you can pull the unit out for a quick progress check.
- Language selectable from Preferences: In the Multilingual Installer, all available languages can be selected from the preferences in the program. The language option is also displayed on first-time startup. Included languages are English, German, Italian, Spanish, French, Czech, Portuguese, Chinese Simplified and Traditional
Standard Edition gets some features previously only available in the Professional Edition:
- Find Address by Internet Lookup.
- Sync GPS time with device time.
- Time and Distance Radials.
- Record 3D fixes option for accurate tracking
- Calculate a new Location based on relative distance and direction from current location.
PathAway GPS 5 Professional - Additional Features
- Direct Garmin IMG (non-routeable) vector map support. Simply place the IMG file in a PathAway registered folder and it will display as an overlay on the raster maps.
- WebMaps: Support for OpenStreetMap.com downloadable seamless maps.
Information on new releases
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests