PathAway Support Forum Index PathAway Support
Discussion board for PathAway for Mobile Handheld Devices

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About creating a map (spliting map into maps)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway Map Manager
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr_mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: About creating a map (spliting map into maps) Reply with quote

I try to make some maps for my friends. Unfortunlatly I always have a big map.. something like the file size over 8Mb... Shocked
My friend report to me it will loaded too slow. No matter it's a life drive or Treo650. Maybe depands how much free memory of the rom itself. If we can make a map on the map manager.. and then it can split the map into a series of map files once we well define the points on the big file. (e.g. 1 big map goes into 9 smaller maps) It will be more ease to use. And can be speed up for pending maps / resize maps Surprised
p.s. those 9 smaller maps must having some areas overlap..
For the "automatic map selected" function, it will be good enough for each palm system.

That's what I'm thinking. Rolling Eyes
I'm looking forward to having this function. And or any alternate solutions. (I get crazy if I did nine files with 3 points each) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway Map Manager All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: