PathAway Support Forum Index PathAway Support
Discussion board for PathAway for Mobile Handheld Devices

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to convert German Top25 Maps with MapManager

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway Map Manager
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: How to convert German Top25 Maps with MapManager Reply with quote

Hi I am a new Pathaway owner trying to use PW with Map Manager without Touratech QV

I own a Top25 DVD of South Germany and made the following approach to get maps into my Palm T3 to use them with PW:

1. I set the screen display of the Top25 map to display WGS84 UTM koordinates and stiched an area of interest together using photoshop. The result was a rectagular area around 4000*8000 pixels perfectly trimmed to the gridlines of the UTM koordinates surrounding the area.

2. I opened the resulting jpg file in PW MapManager and choose calibration by Top Left and Bottom Right koordinates WGS84 and UTM so the only thing I had to enter were the UTM koordinates of the two corners of my map.

TL: 32U N5461000 E0472000
BR: 32U N5451000 E0475000

So far so good. Map Manager was able to create a prc file and I moved it into the Palm\Pathaway folder on my SD card using CardExport which lets me see the SD card in my T3 as a mounted drive.
So the card is there and usable but it is not as accurate as I thought it could be probably due to a systematic error I am doing and here is the point where I need your help Scott

As I mentioned I have a rectangular map with an UTM grid which is also rectangular and when I open the map and check the koordinates of the Top Left and Bottom Right corners I get exactly the values I used for calibration:

TL: 32U N5461000 E0472000
BR: 32U N5451000 E0475000

but when I check the Top Right and Bottom Left corners I expected to get

TR: 32U N5461000 E0475000
BR: 32U N5451000 E0472000

But this is not the case because PW does not assume to have a rectangular map the readings are significantly off theese points.

Scott, I appreciate any help to convince PW that the loaded map is using rectangular UTM koordinates or any suggestions how to get parts of my Top25 maps into PW withount using TTQV3

Chris
Michael_Graf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

You're not the only one facing this problem. Did you already get some help?

In my eyes, it seems to be a Pathaway-problem, maybe related to UTM-zone 32U Confused The procedure You mention can be done with any picture - straight lines must stay straight... Wink With Zone 32U in pathaway they don't stay straight (I did not try it with other zones).

Best regards
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway Map Manager All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: