PathAway Support Forum Index PathAway Support
Discussion board for PathAway for Mobile Handheld Devices

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAVMAN PIN not showing Altitude or GPS Satellite Info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - FAQs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: NAVMAN PIN not showing Altitude or GPS Satellite Info Reply with quote

Some users have reported that they lost altitude and gps satellite information. I suspect there is some other program that makes adjustments the GPS chip and turns off the GGA and GSV NMEA sentences.

This probably applies to any unit using LeadTek's GPS chip.

I found this topic on the problem:
<url>http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=228856</url>

Solution is to use the Winfast Navigator CE to set a suitable update rate for the GGA and GSV message.

www.leadtek.nl/mirror/gps/Tools/WinCEMonitor.zip
or
ftp://ftp.leadtek.com.tw/gps/Tools/WinCEMonitor.zip

When you run this program. Under the NMEA tab, you can turn on the GGA and GSV sentences. Not confirmed yet, but I think GGA should be 1 and GSV should be 5.

We're looking into the possibility of making these settings from within PathAway.
Randex6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In respects to your lost sat data, the same thing occurs wit a Garmin GPSMAP 76, but funny enough not with a Garmin eTrek Legend. I contacted Garmin about this, as this problem is aaparent in other programs also, and they could not give me an answer, but I suspect i has to do with a change in the NMEA protocol from the GPS which moved to version 2 in the GPSMap 76
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were reports that the "Track Depth in Elevation Field" setting was turned on accidentally. This would prevent the Elevation data from being extracted because PathAway would instead look for a Depth value.

Look at this setting in Preferences->System...
It should be unchecked in order to retrieve Elevation data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - FAQs All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: