PathAway Support Forum Index PathAway Support
Discussion board for PathAway for Mobile Handheld Devices

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to communicate with eTrex Summit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wareed

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Unable to communicate with eTrex Summit Reply with quote

I'm unable to exchange waypoints with my eTrex Summit (in "GARMIN" mode). To see if I could get any additional information, I put my GPSr into "NMEA OUT" mode and collected the text string in the window box of the "Device" tab of "Configure GPS..." option when I attempt to "Connect":
Err:8;fCts:0;fDsr:0;Rlsd:0;XoffHold:0;XoffSent:0;Eof:0;Tx:0;InQ:0;OutQ:0;
I'm able to transfer waypoints successfully in both directions through MapSource (6.12.2). Other version numbers of note:
eTrex Summit software version 3.30 (I started with 3.51, downgraded to 3.50 before downgrading again to 3.30)
PathAway version 4.00.65
Windows Mobile Version 5.0 OS 5.1.70 (Build 14402.1.1.0)
Dell Axim X51
I know that the cable is fine: I have no problems communicating with both a basic eTrex and an eTrex Vista (as well as a GPSmap76CSx).

Scott: what does "Err:8" indicate? Of primary importance, does this error indicate anything that might suggest a hardware problem and a return of my unit for a warranty repair?
wareed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've now tried version 4.00.71 AND a second etrex Summit: no change. Scott, are you short an etrex Summit to reproduce this error? If so and you'll attempt to resolve it, I'll send you my unit and I'll pick up the shipping charges.
wareed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've downloaded and tried version 4.00.74. Still no luck with the eTrex Summit (doublechecked and have no problems with the eTrex Vista). I'll package up my unit and send it to you, Scott.
wareed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update ... and end to this thread, I guess. The PathAway Support team took me up on my offer last fall: I sent along the eTrex Summit and Axim cable for in-house testing. The team was unable to determine the cause of the problem and returned my unit. I did some further testing. To be brief, I believe that the problem lies within the communications device driver of Windows Mobile 5; PathAway is not the problem. When I've had spare cycles, I've looked for a software fix -- either a revised version of the driver or WM6 -- without success. I guess, then, I'll had to accept that I cannot access the eTrex Summit with PathAway.

I want to draw attention to the excellent service I received from the PathAway support team. That they attempted to resolve the problem deserves praise in this era where too many customer service organizations don't even bother to respond to email requests let alone try to assist. Kudos, Scott, and thanks for trying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PathAway Support Forum Index -> PathAway GPS 4 SE for Windows Mobile - Support All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: